28.6.06

my new addiction

I have been bitten by the piercing bug!

Lately I have found myself spending all day looking at a piercing website. www.bmezine.com A few months ago I had my nape pierced (back of neck) then two weeks later, I couldnt help myself but got both of my nostrils pierced. Now I find myself constantly looking at different piercings and wondering what I should get done next.

After spending so many hours on this web site, I began to uncover a more sickly side to piercings. I thought to myself that piercing was harmless and that it is just a form of expressing ones self, but after reading many peoples different experiences, I found that a lot of people find it very "spiritual". I began questioning myself. Was what I had done, and planned on doing, sinful? What does God think about it all? Did he aprove, or was I being looked down upon with a disapproving smile?

Looking at, and reading, so many sickening stories, and seeing lots of gross pictures, and how seriously some people took this. Was I being too wishy washy? I have aways been so firm in my beliefs, and I was not liking how this was challenging me! (still not)

So I am still stuck in my dilemma! Are piercings sinful - and dont quote me with "do not pierce your bodies" (sorry dont have Bible right here, and cant see exactly what it is) I want honest opinions from people. Not what you think in your head, but how you feel about it in your heart?

I am not taking out my piercings, I am simply trying to decide whether I get more, or if I try go cold turkey on my piercing frenzy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Bek, no i don't think that piercings are sinful in themselves, often the people who do them are deeply involved in the occult thou and i'm not sure how i feel about someone who sings praise to satan, putting needles into my body. i recently got a very high snug curved bar in the cartilage above my tragus. i chose that spot because i wanted something a little different but in a spot where scarring will be invisable should i change my mind down the track. you talked about self expression as your reason for piercings, i guess it's a matter of working out what you're expressing. as for God's viewpoint, i imagine it's the same as everything else, is this the best way to be a good steward with the money He gives you? if you're trying to reach out to a particular sector of society, then the answer may be yes. but if you are as challenged and concerned as you appear to be, maybe give it a liitle more thought, you need to be at peace with the decision you make. God bless, loved reading your blog, karyn

bek said...

thanks! its so true what youve said. i am at peace, i guess i got freaked when i saw the extent that some people go to when they get their piercings, and i was a bit shook up. i am at peace with my decisions and i NEVER regret anything i do, everything is a learning curb i say! (p.s. i have been toying with a getting a tragus, but i have little ears, so i dont think i can pull it off :) )

Anonymous said...

hey anon what a crock.......most are involved in the occult being body piercers .
you need to take a big step back and breath a big breath otherwise the bullshit is gonna suck you in .
Iam a professional body piercer i do not worship the devil or satan as there isnt one and if people believe there is ..it was manufactured by born again happy clapping tree huggers
yours naffed off anon the slayer lol