19.11.09

A Years Reflections

This time a year ago, I was sitting in a hospital bed in absolute disbelief that I had finally met the babe that I had been carrying for the last 9mths.

The pain of the night earlier had all been forgotten and I was now staring into the beautiful blue eyes of my daughter.


This past year I have learnt so much about myself and my family and most importantly about God.

I have had my faults clearly brought forward! Not necessarily a pleasant thing, but a necessary thing none-the-less. I have had my eyes opened to the things that I need to deal with and the areas where I desperately need God's grace.


I have learnt about love - just how deep it is possible to go! That there is absolutely NOTHING that I wouldn't do for you my 'specious' daughter.

You have made me laugh so much more in life! You are hysterical! Dada says you have no chance seeing as how you are with me all day...but you are truly a crazy one! Those faces you pull...the noises you make...the actions you do...the predicaments you get yourself into! My stomach is constantly sore from laughing so much.

(Like I was saying!!!)

You have made me a mumma...which is all I have ever wanted. I still stress that I'm not fulfilling my 'duties' that I'm letting you down in huge ways. That I stuff up too much to make up for the good stuff.

My prayer for you as you enter into this next year is that you will continue to grow healthy and strong. That you will continue to make those around you laugh and smile. That you will start to learn to know about Jesus and the love he has for you. That you will listen to you mumma and dada - we only have your best interests at heart! - that you will continue to grow into a joyful girl.




Feb 2008 I prayed for God to heal my heart. And he has...with a beautiful daughter none can match. You are the part of me that was missing and I am such a blessed woman because of you. You have healed my heart and brought me joy...my beautiful Emery Joy...

I love you with all of my heart 'specious'. Happy 1st birthday xoxoxo

2 comments:

Middo said...

wow, Happy B'Day Emery!

Will have to catch up with you guys sometime now that I am back in Aus :)

Rock on!

Sarah said...

That year certainly has gone fast. It just seems like yesterday that you were blogging about being pregnant and now she's 1!

Happy birthday cutie pie. I must meet her (and you) sometime :)