12.1.09

Ho hum

Apologies in advance for this un-thought out post!

I've been missing my blogging. I just don't feel that I can find the time to really commit to writing a decent post. Plus I don't want to bore you with posts about babies and female-stuffs all the time.

Hmmmm what can I talk about that isn't baby-oriented?

Church? Neh....haven't been doing much with all the Christmas and New Years business that goes on.

I can't even think of any other topics....so here is a boring update post on us & babies and stuff like that! SORRY!!!

It will be 8 weeks tomorrow that Eme was born. It has absolutely flown by. Which makes me sad because it means my little girl has been getting bigger!!! (I'm terrible....I'm already crying about my baby girl growing up and leaving me and she isn't even 2mths old yet!!)

Having my own child now makes me appreciate all my mum & dad did for me. Especially mum. To think I was as small as Eme once and so dependent on my mum is weird to think about. Plus, my mum was younger than I currently am when she had me! I don't know where I would be without my mum at the moment. She has advice & help which I really appreciate.

I was talking to my sister about how people always feel they can comment and give advice on parenting to you. We agreed that it is so much easier to hear from our mum than it is from other people. I respect my parents and how they raised us 'kids'. Therefore, I am fine to go to them with questions and with hearing advice. However, if anyone else does this....then I get really pee'd off. I guess you establish such a strong relationship with your parents, that it's ok for them to make comments, and when other people do it - they haven't got the same relationship and therefore, I believe, they shouldn't be trying to make comment or give advice necessarily. Does this make sense? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Basically...if I want your advice, I will ask for it.......

Um, um, um...Eme has been sleeping through the night for nearly 2 weeks now! I'm so proud of her...she is a good girl and she really is a pretty no-fuss bub.

Only problem I'm having is that she tends to just want to be held non-stop. I can't put her down in her bouncer of let her lie on a mat thingy cos she just wants to sit on my hip and go around with me all day. It's nice to know she wants to be with me and go where I go, but please.....a little independance girly!!! I can't do EVERYTHING one handed, though I like to think that I could!!

So, I guess if anyone who reads this has had a similar issue and you managed to 'break' your child out of the habit, I'd like to know how!!!

(There....I'm asking for advice!!!!)

Anyway...I don't REALLY have anything important to talk about, so I'll leave it there. Hopefully I will find some time in the next couple of weeks and get back into blogging more regularly!

I honestly don't know how Jen does it with 5 kids!!! You must be wonderwoman!!!

Better fly....bub has awoken and is searching for a feed from her blanket...I better go grab her before she gets a furball....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bek, have you thought about wearing Eme? When I was in Africa the women were back in the fields with their baby strapped to their front or back within a day of giving birth! There's a great website which shows you how to make an easy, inexpensive wrap. They even have videos to show you how to lift the baby up and down.
http://www.mamatoto.org/Default.aspx?tabid=121
You'll have both your hands back to do whatever you like!

Jen said...

Ummm... NO :) I don't look good in hot pants *grin*

I'm a mean mummy. I just put them down and leave them there. lol. Seriously. They might fuss for a bit, but they'll get used to the fact that mummy requires BOTH hands every now and then. Of course, I make exceptions when they are ill.

bek said...

Thanks for that Karynanne! My sis just bought me a fancy sling on the weekend!!! It is FANTASTIC!! I have popped her into it a few times and she gets all snuggly and eventually goes to sleep! I feel so FREE!!!

And I have done that a few times Jen. I feel bad that I let her cry a bit...it really doesn't stress me out to hear her crying. I dont get panicked or anything. Maybe I'm missing a few heartstrings, I dont know!

I have discovered that I can put her down in her cot and she will be content as long as the mobile keeps turning :) which means I run around quickly doing things before I need to wind the mobile up again, but at least she is content :)

Jen said...

*snort* If your missing a couple, I'm missing most! Unless my kids are bleeding profusely or dying... I tend to zone it all out.