5.9.06

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of bek...

Ive decided to chronicle a bit of my life. At the moment in my life I feel so misunderstood by people. Those people probably wont read this blogspot, but if I can get it out of my system, it might help me a bit.
The Basics…
I was born April 1984, the first of four to Rob & Karen Furlong in Brisbane, QLD. Mum and Dad were Pastoring in a small country town, Toogoolawah a few hours west (Im pretty sure) of Brisbane. This little town has one main street, with 3 pubs on it! Its a small quiet town, and this is where I spent the first 2 years of my life (lots of memories :) ). After that, my parents were called to Cairns Baptist Church in Far North QLD. This is where my 3 siblings were born. Dad was the associate pastor to Wes Caddy. Uncle Wes I grew to call him. He wore white cowboy boots to church, with short white shorts. (Those Qlders) Eventually Dad came to be Senior Pastor here and we stayed till 1994, until once again, my parents were called to WA. Thornlie Church of Christ. We (they) have been there ever since. I am currently at Bull Creek Church of Christ, and have been there since 2005. I met Russell late 2001, and we married in 2005.
Thats a basic run down of my life so far. You probably notice that the majority of it revolves around church. My faith is my life, I cannot separate the two.
So I dont really know where to begin in detail. How about I start with my earliest memory?
I must have been 3, and it was just after I had had a bath and my dad was teaching me how to put a singlet on by myself. My little brother had just arrived, Robert James, and we soon became the best of friends. My fondest memories of my childhood involve my brother. We used to be adventurers. Climbing trees, creating our own make-believe worlds, and constantly on an adventure.
I was always in another world. Even though I did well at school, I was ALWAYS daydreaming.
I remember one instance when I was in Year 2, I hadnt been paying much attention and my teacher was asking us to tell her different words that sound the same but are spelt different and have a different meaning. Some of the kids were saying "their, there, they're". I remember putting my hand up and saying "Sunshine". My teacher was a little puzzled and I went on to explain that my Mum called my brother Sunshine, and that it was also a word for 'the' Sunshine. She told me to stop being silly and continued with class. I distinctly remember being confused as to what I had done wrong, I thought I had given a good answer! I was an absolute dag in primary school (still was in High). My undies never had elastic in them and they would always fall down when I played jump rope. I would purposely try and make bruises on my legs so I could go to the office and get betadine put on because I like the look of it. I was top of my class in Reading/English – I was on Grade 3 work in Grade 1. I spent my 'little recess' and 'big recess' in the school Library, and eventually lost myself in books. I didnt have many friends and I was a bit of a rebel/crazy kid at Girls Brigade. I was pretty much a normal kid (not that Russell would agree). I had a few quirks, but who doesnt?
Next chapter: The BIG move...

No comments: