14.9.06

Overview of Go! Reachout

This was a jam packed weekend! There was so much information that by Sat arvo my brain was ready to explode. Russell and I also left with a daughter, just to add to our clan. But more on that later...
It started Fri. night, and I had to go straight from work (not really too pleasant) however it was held in Wattle Grove, so Russ and I decided that we would just go home and sleep in our own bed rather than stay at the campsite (10-15m from our place). We had two speakers for the weekend, Phil Nicholson and Neville Stanway. Phil started off the weekend with a few stats, and a bit of info on the work he is doing in Taiwan. It was interesting stuff, but I dont think he is necessarily a good public speaker. The night had your typical worship (non-denominational which was good, not just hillsong stuff) and was lead by James Bryant (the drummer was pretty hot too ;)!!)
The next morning was lead by Neville Stanway (my old teacher) and it was amazing!! He has soo much passion for mission. He took us to 2 Samuel...I cant think off the top of my head, I havnt brought my notes with me to work :) But I remember thinking to myself, "How the heck is he going to get a mission talk out of this" Now, he didnt twist Scripture to suit what he was saying. He spoke of David and Goliath and how David fought with God on his side. That when we go into the mission field, we need to have God with us, rather than cowering like the Israelite army, but to be bold in Christ. I will have to post my notes, because it really was an amazing talk and something I have lacked to hear for a while. It was good to hear someone speak with passion and knowledge of Scripture again.
Oh, on the daughter front, Russ and I are now the proud parents of Reethu from India 9yrs and lots of potential. She is now the sister to Antoine in Rwanda.
*Small prayer point* Russell and I are praying and planning to go to India at the start of next year (we might get to meet our daughter) so please pray we will be guided into what God wants us to do.
I will post my notes for you all from Go! Reachout as it was a great conference, and I think there was something for everyone to take away. Go! Nextyear :)

No comments: