26.4.07

28th of April

I turn 23 on Sat.

I dont think Im getting old, and when you look at the grand scheme of things, Im still quite young.

However, I am bypassing my birthday this year. Every year I look forward to my birthday and get excited and make plans for my day. I enjoy spending the day with Russell and generally organise to go out for dinner with friends. Nothing too extreme, and nothing out of the ordinary.

The last few years though have been a real disappointment. I have organised to go out to dinner and no-one has turned up - bar a couple of people. Im sick of getting disappointed and feeling like an absolute loser because, a) people forget my birthday and b) something better came up.

I guess Im now at that age where your not supposed to really celebrate birthdays. I think its really important to celebrate peoples birthdays, I just wish people would show the same respect.
Therefore, I am bypassing my b'day this year so that I dont get my hopes up and then spend my day trying not to cry as I go to bed. Im a sad sack I know. Russells getting annoyed, but thats life I guess. We all get older, what makes my day any different.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

23's not so bad. I turn 24 in just over a month. Eeek! I'll be in my mid twenties.

It makes my blood boil when people say they'll come to my birthday but then get a better offer and pike. I found it shows who my true friends are.

Happy birthday for Sat and have fun with whatever you decide to do :)