24.4.07

Its is with sadness...

That we announce the resignation of our Senior Pastor.

Our pastor informed our church on the 15th of April, that he has resigned and that he doesnt know what journey God has planned for him.

All Russ and I can do is wish him the very best, and keep him in our prayers.

I personally am glad that he has resigned.

I mean that in the best way.

I mean it in the way that I am glad that he was able to have the confidence in God to do what God wanted him to do, and I am glad that he and his wife are going to be going down a new track, a new journey and adventure.

I am not glad that they have left our church, our church was blessed to have them, and I hope they (the church) will see how much of a role Rob and Loris played in our lives.

Rob was a caring Pastor, a listener and a friend. I appreciated all that Rob put up with me, my tears, my frustrations, and my joys. The way he has been a mentor to Russell and been our 'marriage counsellor' :)

Loris was a friend who I could relate to. She is so similar to me in many aspects, and I appreciated having another woman in the church who completely understood me. Loris is one of the strongest women I know and the way she has handled herself in many situations has been an example to me and I can only thank her and thank God for the blessing she has been (even if I dont show it to her enough).

I pray that God will take them on a new, exciting, adventurous journey, and that they will continue to put their trust and confidence in God.

God bless guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow!

Rob is an awesome man of God, I wish him all the best and wish Bullcreek all the best in finding a new person to lead the church:)

bek said...

Thats the scary part I reckon - finding a new pastor! I have been a part of leaving a church twice before, but have never experienced a pastor leaving and me still being at the church for the aftermath!

Sarah said...

I've experienced it twice so I know how sad it is. We had two pastors at my church then one left in March 2004 and the other nine months later. We found a new senior pastor but he stayed in Sydney for another year to do extra theological study. The year with no pastor (2005) was tough in some ways because a lot of extra responsibility fell to the elders in particular. However the positives were that we got to hear a lot of different speakers.

I'll pray God will provide the right pastor for your church :)

bek said...

Thats pretty rough, signing on but not coming for another 12mths!!

That woulda been a trying time I can imagine!