5.4.07

my early b'day present


Welcome to the newest member of our family. For my birthday, Russell has bought me a doggie! When he told me my present, I decided that I wanted to adopt a pet from a pound. So many dogs are bred for PetShops and then get put down when not sold or get dumped at a pound. Now little 'epic' (the name the vets who have our little fella have named him) was dumped by a family with his brother 'eric' in South Australia. I have been looking over pounds that have websites all week looking for the perfect pup and I happened upon little 'epic'. He is just adorable. He is a terrier cross who knows what! So he is a little surprise package.
Now, since he is in SA we have to wait until WEDNESDAY to pick him up from the airport! He is a spoilt little boy already! I also dont think I can wait till Wed. We are going shopping tonight to find him a little bed, food, leash and collar etc. I cant wait till 4.00pm on Wed when I get to meet our new little fella. Im also glad that I held to my conviction of getting a dog from the pound.
If you are interested in helping out poor souls stuck in cement homes and want to give them a nice warm place for winter head to K9 or pet resuce (where I got 'epic'). Otherwise google dog pounds in WA.
By the way....Im still not sure on the name 'epic'. Ill have to see what he looks like when he arrives. AHHH I CANT WAIT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so very cute!!!

Sarah said...

Awww what a cute doggie.

I've just bought a cat from the Cat Haven and I'm bringing her home tomorrow. Can't wait!! :D