19.4.07

The promised update

So many times this week I have gone to write this post, and due to other circumstances have never been able to finish writing it!

A quick update:

We are hoping to move down to Rockingham within the next few weeks. We have been feeling a call to go down and live there for a few months, we dont know if this includes ministry, another church, or simply living a different lifestyle. We have applied for a rental down there today and are hoping to hear back either this arvo or tomorrow morning. Please pray that God will bring along the right house for us and that things will run smoothly. I feel like a bound up stressball at the moment....you've all seen the reports on the news about how hard it is getting a rental at the moment, and I can just feel myself getting more and more stressed.

Jet is doing well, he is growing and just last night I noticed how much he has grown in the week we have had him. He is an absolute blessing to us and we feel like a little family. Weve only had a family hug once, and I felt too nerdy to do again. He is our little man and has helped ease the 'want' to have our own kids anytime soon. We love him to bits, even when he sleeps straight through one night and howls all night the next.

I have been really busy at work (hence the lack of posts - as I only have a chance to post while at work) and am finding the days getting busier and busier that its hard for me to leave my desk to go pee. I am enjoying it though and am feeling that my skills and knowledge in my dept. are growing which is always a good thing.

I have also lost 2 kilos so far this year simply by not drinking any soft drinks. I did have a sip of Russells lemonade last week, but it tasted a little different. I would also have to say that I have cut my meal sizes in half. I dont eat or snack as much as I did last year simply because of business. I am craving sugar a bit more regularly because of the whole 'no-softies' thing but I am slowly weaning off it. I havent intentionally tried to lose weight as I dont think I need to lose any, its just happened. I havent been to the gym in about 4 or so weeks and its frustrating as I still have to pay even though I dont go!! I cant break the contract either - its good for a whole year!! I am aiming to start going again, its just been hard to break through the busy-ness of life to make time for it. I dont think my self esteem issue has got any better, I am still comparing myself to other girls and finding faults within my own body. I used to be so confident in who I was and what I wore and how I looked. It didnt matter if what I wore was the fashion, I wore it with confidence which always made me feel good. I still dont always wear the fashion as I dont have the money to keep up with it, and I dont think I need to constantly 'buy' things just to make me feel better. I still feel like the ugly chick from school who is just waiting to 'grow up'.
Today I wore to work high heels, stockings, and a skirt which always makes me feel like a proper business woman. Nothing like a self-esteem boost that lasts 2hrs.

Anyway....enough of my woes.

I fractured/broke another finger on Sunday at netball :(
This is my 3rd finger within the space of roughly 2/3 mths. Its really sore and has turned blue, and Sanda my mate, has said if I dont go to the doctors it will fall off. I am trying to prove her wrong!

My nape piercing is still around and just passed its 1st anniversary. The skin is slowly getting thinner and I think the time is close when it will need to come out, but Im holding off for as long as I can. The nose piercings are still going and I am still contemplating getting my vertical labret.

Russell is starting lacrosse again and just bought a new stick from the USA. I love watching this game. Its rough and tough and manly and I cant wait to watch Russell play. Hes pretty good, Ive seen him with a stick before and I think he'll do some damage :)

We are really hoping that we can get our own place soon. Its starting to wear very thin living with my sister and Granny. Granny is ok, but Kate, I dunno. She just turned 18 and is 'Little Miss Socialite'. Ive skipped the part of having babies and primary aged kids and straight to a teenager! I know how my parents felt when I was her age, but I swear I wasnt out as much or as late as her :) (probably was, but my memory seems to be fading)

I have loved living back at home with Kate, I just dont like the relationship of being a guardian to the little sis.

Mum and Dad are ok. They are still in NSW and I dont think they will continue around Aus. They will probably stay where they are and come home when their time is up. I have this fear that a church over there is going to snap them up and they will never come home. OR that they will come home, quit church, and move to India to live out the rest of their days serving in the local communities and churches. That wouldnt be a bad thing, but Id miss them too much. Im sure they will come back and everything will be fine. I just hope they will be able to de-stress and reorganise their lives so that they arent giving 200% to the church and zilch to their home life.

I havent spoken to my youngest bro in ages, but I think he is having a ball!

Russ and I have loved living so close to my bro and sis in law. We consider them our closest friends at the moment. Kaylee (sis in law) and her family just lost her Grandad so prayers for their hurt and grief would be good.

Well thats a pretty long summary as to whats been happening lately, and I promise to post some things a little more regularly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, quite an update!

Hope you get a place soon:)