12.8.09

Domestic B!t@h

Dropping my husband off at work the other morning, I notice that a mum dropping off her kids at school was driving a huge 4wd with a sticker on the back window...it said "Domestic Bitch". Strange I thought...

The next day I see a young girl driving down the freeway with a sticker on her back window saying "Queen of Bitches". Strange again....I thought....

That was until I saw someone else with a number plate that said "beyooootch" (or however it is that you spell it!)

This is when I started to wonder if I was possibly missing a few screws up top. Am I missing something? Did I miss the memo that came out saying that it's now cool to call / refer to yourself as a bitch?

I personally think of the word/name as a really sharp word! I think it is a really 'cutting' word and not one that I would ever want to use to describe myself. Yet, so many women, young and old, are starting to refer to themselves in this way.

As I said, I may be missing a few screws/nuts/bolts...but I honestly don't understand this new 'fad'.

9 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

I get the feeling it's just an excuse for some women to behave badly. They like the idea that they can be intolerant and rude and pass it off as being 'strong'.

Sarah said...

Yeah I agree with Rodney. I've seen bumper stickers like that up here in Dally....one said 'Queen Bitch' I think.

Maybe it's a ladette thing. Or an insecurity thing, trying to be scary 'don't mess with me sista!'.

Sarah said...

Forgot to add...your post made me laugh. Not that I think it's funny to refer to yourself as a bitch, I think it's just the number plate that said "beyooootch" that made me laugh for some strange reason.

I may be the one missing a few nuts/bolts/screws ;)

bek said...

aaah yes!! You two have hit the nail on the head!! I think that's it! Wanting to come off as tough...I don't need a man mentality...

but God forbid if anyone ELSE refers to them in this way!!

Good grief!!

Sarah said...

Maybe it's Meredith Brooks that's responsible for this trend? Remember her song 'Bitch' which came out in 97? Perhaps it has become the anthem for many women, like Rodney said, wanting to justify their rudeness by saying, "Well, I can't help it, I'm a bitch."

Jen said...

If I see one more car with the sticker that says "Back Off: The Bitch Bites" I will scream, I SWEAR IT.

fletchboy said...

Hey Jen, I've got an idea....ram 'em, just as a scientific experiment and see if they really bite. :-)

Bek, you may have screws loose, but in this case YOU are the one who is right. :-) (hehehe...haven't lost my cutting sense of humour...even in touchy feely YankLand...) Seriously...we are in serious trouble when we are subjected to such garbage just to cohabit the roadways. ONCE IN A WHILE, I wish a stoplight were longer so I could remove some bumper stickers! Or at least have a can of spray paint handy...

Yep, I'm a b....ad boy. :-)
fletch

bek said...

aaahhhhh greg!!! I was just saying to russ this week how much I miss you guys!!! :( snif snif
we were watching a show called 'worlds strictest parents' and 2 aussie kids stayed with a family in georgia...and i swear the father looked JUST like you!!!
anyway...hope you're doing ok over there, and i hope you're thinking of coming over for a visit!!!

bek said...

oh, and i always thought you were a bit of a b....ad boy ;)
(especially in church!!)