8.4.08

8.2 weeks

*groan*

I am feeling like absolute crap. I can’t get a decent nights sleep because I am tossing and turning all night and whenever I wake up I am starving and feeling like I’m going to puke everywhere. I wake up, feel like vomiting, so I grab something to eat and it takes me a while to get going.

But, it is all worth it. I don’t care how bad it gets. I will try not to complain but only look at the bright side. We are having a baby!

I’m not allowed to drive the car anymore as my hormones tend to get the better of me. I nearly punched a guy in the back of the head on Saturday, and nearly took out the umpires of Russell’s netball grand final! It just seems to me that all of a sudden there are so many morons on the road these days, and umpires don’t even know how to umpire properly. It’s driving me mad!!

We were meant to have an ultra sound last week (prescribed by my doc) to make sure everything was going ok and that everything was where it should be. However, with Russell not having worked for 3 months we haven’t got the money to pay for it. Because it is an early ultra sound, you cannot claim it back from Medicare. This is hard because I am so nervous and I want to make sure everything is ok. So, we are just having to trust God that everything is ok and that we will see our little one in week 12. Just under 4 weeks away!!

On Sunday night I found out that a friend I’ve known since I was 10 is due the exact same day as me! She is also due on Nov 17th!! It was an absolute spin out. Oh, and she is one of Kaylee’s older sisters! It will be fun to compare our bellies with each other and to see how each other progress.

I think that whatever Robert and Kaylee have, we will have the opposite of. So, if they have a girl, we’ll have a boy or vice versa.

Russell keeps referring to ‘it’ as a boy. “…he….blah blah blah” or “….his….blah blah blah” I said to him last night, “what if it’s a girl” and he smiled and said he didn’t mind and he doesn’t know why he keeps referring to it as a boy, but that he would be happy either way. I think in his mind he thinks it is a boy because of a few dreams I have had in the past.

I honestly don’t care. I just want this baby. It is so hard to trust God and to not get too excited, but it’s too late. I’m already excited and it consumes most of my thoughts every day…well in between thoughts of being sick anyway!!

Anyway, it is still early days, but I am praying for an absolute miracle. After all that’s what each child is, an absolute miracle.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I know how you feel with the aggression thing. I feel like that a lot of the time and I'm not even pregnant. Bad drivers, rude people blah blah, it just gets too much. I hope it will go away when the wedding's over and we're in the country, Aah the country....

Praying for your little one. Hang in there. I have some friends who referred to their baby as a boy all the time too even though they didn't know what they were having. And they ended up having a girl!

bek said...

I guess it's kinda like referring to your car as a girl all the time :)

then again....maybe its not ;)

Mark Edwards said...

I am sure you know this...but the increase in hormons is a sign that all is developing well...so even though it is awful for you and no doubt your long suffering husband, it is a good sign.

I find taking out frustration and anger on Eagles supporters really helps! :)

bek said...

good idea Mark!!

hey sarah.....you guys suck!!!

(i'm just kidding....well....no....the eagles do suck...but I like you more than other eagle supporters!)

Anonymous said...

looks like our friendship is over then!

(takes his eagles beanie and walks away slowly...)

ANYWAY, onto more serious stuff...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am regularly praying for you both, and your bub (girl or BOY:P) I look forward to catching up with you both when I am over on Monday night!

Middo

Sarah said...

Aha at least I have Middo as my ally :)