13.11.06

bad experience and poor service

I was reading Hamo's blog the other day about bad customer service. This is one of those poor customer service experiences I had on the weekend.
On Friday night Russell and I decided that we needed to get away for a night, so on Thursday we booked a night stay at a hotel in Mandurah online at www.wotif.com.au.
Off we went all excited about our stay (we had high hopes!) We just wanted some R 'n' R. We were also going to drop in on some of our mates down at Eastlake Community Church.
I have to say - our stay at this certain hotel was definately not the best experience we have had.
When we arrived we didnt have a breakfast pack (which was in the deal) and we had to quickly go to reception to pick it up before they closed. The towel rack wouldnt stay attached to the wall so we had to leave our towels on the toilet seat (closed obviously), there was no shower cap in the shower cap box (i like to keep my hair dry :) ), and to top it all off we had no hot water so it was a cold shower to start the day off with! I have also had bites coming up on my arms and chest (and its ITCHY!) which I assume are from the sheets.
I had resolved by the time we were to check out that I was going to complain loudly. Russell said he would wait in the car :)
I went in to checkout and I was waiting for the receptionist to ask how my stay was, instead she just said "Ill take those keys, and thats all I need. Bye" I walked out quickly. I was annoyed with myself that I hadnt had the courage to say something. Usually I have no problem! I guess I just kind of felt ushered out.
So, this morning I sent an email. I havnt heard anything back yet, but I was so disappointed with my stay that I couldnt not let them know that there was so much wrong with our room.
The saying goes...if a person has a good experience they tell no-one. If they have a bad experience they tell everyone! And its true, but Im not going to reveal the name of the hotel, unless they dont respond or just ignore me, then Ill warn everyone from going there!!

1 comment:

bek said...

Oh thanks for the advice! i did go through wotif actually, and if i dont hear anything from the hotel in the next week i will let wotif know! i never knew that thanks heaps!