13.9.07

Confused About Love

How do you know you're in love? Is it a feeling, the vibe of the thing, a tingling sensation? What is it?

I am confused. And I've thought about it hard. I love my ex girlfriend. She makes me happy and I enjoy being around her. I enjoy sharing things I wouldn't bother sharing with other people. More importantly I want her to be better, and I want to be a postive, supportive, nuturing influence in her life. And looking back I think overall she's been a postive influence in my life. Even the really crap hurtful times in the past, I can look back on now and can see how much I've grown from these experiences.

So I'm confused. I'm beginning to think I have to fight for this relationship. It's scarey because the relationship is over, and I feel like I'm putting myself out there and am likely to get hurt. Not a fantastic feeling. But I also feel great. I'm not going to regret letting one of the best relationships I've had go without communicating how I feel. I feel like I'm taking control of the one thing I can control. Me.

I feel like I've taken postive control of my own destiny (bit corny I know ;) and if it comes to nothing, that's life and at least I've done what I can.

Fingers crossed ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love is hard to find and even harder to hold on to...so when u find it you should hold on to it...
no one is perfect and because of that we are always goin to make mistakes and hurt the ones we love...but the love out shines the hurts and life is so much better for having the one u love by ur side...
just a thought...
from becs!

Anonymous said...

"love hurts but sometimes its a good hurt and it feels like im alive
love sings when it transcends the bad things, have a heart and try me, cos without love i wont survive"

incubus - says it all really