15.5.08

Kingdom Assignment

Last night we went to a church 'do'.

When I got home from work I just wanted to stay home, but we decided to go anyway. We packed up our Minestrone and headed off to church.

We shared meals and then watched the film 'Pay it Forward'.

The meal was great. I'm not really someone who will just introduce myself or talk to someone I don't know, but Russell made me sit at a table with people we didn't really know. The people are really nice, warm and welcoming. It wasn't uncomfortable at all and they can all cook really well!

We then sat down and watched the movie. I think this pregnancy has my emotions in reverse. I cried when I watched the movie for the first time a few years ago, but while everyone around me were crying, I sat there tearless. Even with the ultra sound I didn't shed a tear. It's like I really want to and I'm really 'in the moment' but my tear ducts are just....'broken'.

Anyway, back to the film. It was really good to watch again. Russ and I talked about it on the way home about how it is so inspiring. You finish watching it and you think, this is possible! The thing about the film is that it is believable. It doesn't have a fairytale storyline. The kid doesn't always succeed. He still fails sometimes! That's life. Sometimes we try something and it doesn't work. Sometimes we think something works, but we don't see the end result, maybe it happens years later!

It reminds me of Jeremiah. Loads of Theologians have said (in the past) that Jeremiah was the most unsuccessful prophet. Nothing happened with all his hard work! He never saw the fruits of his labour. However, he was successful in the eyes of God because he fulfilled God's will. He was a little hard to get going, but once he started he got things done. He lived according to God's will and that makes him very successful.

Our church is starting 'Kingdom Assignment' this week. We are going to be given $100 to use in our community. Russ and I have been thinking about what we will do, and it is really hard. We want to do something in our local community of Kwinana. I think we may put it in a high interest bank account and let it get some interest while we try and decide what to use it on. If we don't end up using it for anything, then at least we will have invested the money and hopefully got a little return to give back to the church.

We recently met one of our neighbors who is an old man who has lived in his house for 34 yrs! He said that when he built down there he was the first house and was completely surrounded by bush. He seems lonely as whenever he catches us we end up chatting for 30+ mins. His 4 kids are with their mum and he hasn't seen them for a long time, and he has a killer dog. Seriously, he said if his dog got anywhere near Jet, he would kill him!!

One of our ideas is to use the money to make him meals and share dinner with him. Another idea is helping a young boy Russell has met through a lady at his work who is suicidal and is in dire straits of needing a hand. We are praying about what we can do, but it's really hard!

The hardest thing is picking something and sticking to it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't think anyone else 'read' me! *blush* I'll have to start writing more substantial posts *grin* How did you find me, do you remember?

Yeah, it totally blows, this whole thing. I can't see why anyone would have a problem with you having a blog though! Heck, I wish that was my problem... much easier rectified than your boobs being too big *sigh*.

Anyways, thanks for chiming in :) I'll book mark you now... 'tis only fair *beam*.

Cheers... Jen.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bek -

My name is Leesa Bellesi. My husband, Denny and I wrote the Kingdom Assignment. We were thrilled when we got "google alerted" your blog... because you wrote about the KA. We are coming to Australia. To Perth actually in August and will be speaking in several churches around your area. Curious what church you are from and if we have a connection. Maybe we are coming to your church... wouldn't that be great :-) We are excited and can't wait to see your beautiful country. Please check us out and what we are up to at www.kingdomassignment.com We are about to host our 2nd Annual WELL DONE AWARDS. Australian Pastor John Hutchinson was awarded last year... check out the youtube video we have on him. I hope to hear from you. You can email us at kingdomassignment@cox.net or anybody else that wants to write us. Also... I just prayed that God would show you what your Kingdom Assignment is!

God's richest blessings to you, your family and your daily assignments for Him - Leesa and Denny P.S. Also we are great friends with Australian Nick Vujicic www.lifewithoutlimbs.org and he will be at the WELL DONE AWARDS this year.

bek said...

Hi Leesa!! Whoah!! That is a bit of a shock!!!

I think you are linked up with our pastor? We go to Powerhouse - Kwinana Church of Christ. Our pastor is Darryl!

It will be great to meet you guys and to learn more about what KA is all about. I believe there is a book? I think we are being given one on Sunday?? Thanks to you two I believe too!!!

Looking forward to meeting you!!