15.7.08

Aqua-fit Classes with Bek

Finally, the long awaited post!

I went to my first Aqua-fit class a couple of weeks ago after my mum told me that I needed to make sure I was fit & healthy for labour. I have since been freaked out and been trying to find different options for exercise while pregnant.

I thought "Aqua-fit" that sounds easy!

Boy, was I wrong.

It started with the nazi teacher we had...I was too scared to speak or do anything wrong that I just about pee'd in the pool.

Before I got in the pool I thought about going to the toilet, but thought "meh....I'll be fine."

However, the warm water and the fact that I'd just drunk my bottle of water caused me to try and hold on as much as possible until we were doing our stretches at the end of the session, and I couldn't uncross my legs to stretch out, that I made a run for it. (It's really hard to run in water too!)

I was then told that if I wanted to return to the class I would have to provide a doctor's certificate saying I could continue. The session was in a hydrotherapy pool and was so warm it's just like sitting in a spa. Pregnant chicks cannot just sit in a spa and simmer away, so I was allowed to join in this time, but next time....DOCTOR'S CERTIFICATE (which I'm too lazy to arrange)

Jet trying my goggles
The moves of the class were a little odd and they really tired me out! We had to push these foam dumbells under the water with one arm, so when the instructor wasn't watching I'd use 2 arms and then when she'd turn around I'd use one arm...sneaky.
We then had to float on our backs and pump the dumbells somehow under the water! With my belly, I couldn't just lay flat. I constantly rolled to either side because I was so off balance! It was crazy.
Russell just sat there and laughed at me! It was annoying!! Stupid lying on back...dumbells.....crap.
Russell refused to let me out of the house with the goggles, so I had to give them up *sigh*
I also opted not to wear the bikini as it was a little too revealing for me! So, I went for modesty :)
Now, who else loves you so much they would post pics of themselves in their bikini while pregnant!? Gosh I must love you all lots!!!
I haven't gone back since, I'm thinking of trying yoga next....now that would be interesting!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You've put up a cossie picture like me now....except you're the first pregnant blogger I've seen to do it ;)