13.6.11

Great-Grandparents and CAKE!

This week we celebrated my mum's 50th Birthday!! Her father and stepmum flew over from NSW and also my dad's mum flew over to celebrate with us. It is always AWESOME when I get to see my grandparents and I enjoyed spending time with them. We had dinner together as a family on Friday night, partied with Mum on Saturday night and then on Sunday arvo went down to Mandurah and had fish n chips and a stroll through the Esplanade - letting Eme play on the park. I baked mum a Mississippi Mud Cake for Friday night...and I am not boasting here, but it is the best damn cake I have ever tasted! It is beautiful, and I am finding myself baking it on an almost weekly basis! I'm not sure if I'm prepared to share the recipe yet though hehehehe. I also made some Chai Chai Cupcakes. Chai tea infused...yummy and sticky :)



Mississippi Mud Cake



I normally just put a thick Ganache on top and serve cream on the side...however I had to transport this to my parents place so decided i would just pop the cream on top to save taking 2 bowls. However, my cake was still a tad warm and all the cream melted off by the time I got to my parents...I was not happy!



Chai Chai cupcakes


This just had a sugar syrup cinnamon topping



Aunty Di, Pa, and Ava

No comments: