6.6.11

A Time to Heal

So, I've taken a temporary hiatus from facebook. I lead a full and happy life and at the moment facebook makes parts of my life miserable.
I am a happy mum to two wonderful daughters (I love that word!), I have a beautiful loving husband who doesn't just tell me things to fluff my ego but who loves me enough to be honest with me and help me to become a better person. I have a loving family. I've started a Uni Degree which I am loving - like I said...a full life.
I'm just finding that when on facebook, you have so many contacts/"friends" and it is so easy to interact with each other. It's good because you can communicate with a mass amount of people which you could never do in your every normal day...you just couldn't possibly interact with that many people in a day! So, you interact with people more than normal, and in my mind, I guess I get too familiar with people and they may not necessarily feel the same way back...if that makes sense?
Anyway...I'm not the type of person who would try to tear shreds off people, and I don't like being made to feel otherwise. I'm not a malicious person...but facebook has made me feel otherwise.
I love the ease of communicating with my beautiful small group, I love seeing what family over east are up to, and I love getting to see friends photos of their lives.
I just need a break from it all. I have too many other important things in my life which need my attention. I have two daughters who deserve my invested time in them as little people plus I have my blog, which allows me to write what I want...cos it's mine. I often wake at 2am with words that come to me in my dreams, and I love to write so I will pick my blog up where I left off and endeavour to keep it a bit more maintained :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Facebook is a necessary evil, I think since I'm so isolated out here. I've been so frustrated with people on there sometimes and have nearly unfriended people or deactivated my profile lots of times. Good on you for having the guts to go through with it.

Who is making you feel like you're a malicious person? I will miss your funny status updates.

bek said...

Heh...you're probably the only person who thinks they are funny!
I may end up back on facebook, but for the moment i don't need it in my life!!