25.10.06


I decided a couple of months ago to branch out and find some new authors. Boy did I find some good ones. Before even reading any of this chicks books, I ordered a whole series and hoped for the better. I apologise to all the boys out there - their fictional, historical, and romantic! Its based on the American civil war, and follows a family through the years. I recommend these books to all girls out there. I give the series as a whole 9/10. I loved them. The author is Lyn Austin, and Im just about on my lunch break and Im going to make a run for Word Bookstore to pick up some more books of hers!

This (1st picture) is the first book in the series of 3. It is a little slow and a little corny on the romance juices. But I plugged through and actually ended up really liking it.

This is the second book in the series and is taken from the view of the North. It is a lot more interesting than the first one, as it takes on another character, so instead of just following the one person, you follow a couple.



This was by far the best of the three. It is taken from the view of the slaves and it was interesting, bold, and actually God really spoke to me through this one! I didnt think it possible with a fictional book, but hey, God works in mysterious ways! 10/10 for this one.

No comments: