19.11.07

In bed with bek

I always have, for as long as I can remember, talked in my sleep and also made out the actions.

I forgot to mention this to Russell before we got married and at first I freaked him out a little, but now he is getting used to it.

The first time it happened it was quite an ordeal. We had only been married a couple of weeks and the following occurred late one night.

Bek: *lying on stomach with hands on chin chatting away to the wall* - I thought I was talking to a friend who worked at “The Good Guys”. I turn around and ‘think’ I see Dodgy Pete standing at the end of our bed with a stereo in his arms

Bek: Russell, Russell (urgent whisper - and poking him in the side). Russell, You need to go talk to Pete because I can’t. I’m talking to Georgie.

Russ: Huh, what? Just waking up

Bek: Pete, he’s here, you need to go speak to him. He’s buying a stereo.

Russ: *looks around aimlessly* I can’t see him! (still confused)

Bek: *sound asleep on pillow*

That was the first of many times that I have been awake but still dreaming at the same time. He always tells me about them in the morning.

Like last night –

Bek *lying on stomach and looking around the room – leaning over Russell to see*

Russ: What are you doing

Bek: Looking for something

Russ: What are you looking for?

Bek: A cutting board

Russ: What for?

Bek: To cut things

Russ: What are you wanting to cut?

Bek: *sound asleep on pillow*

I kid you not, these are all true stories! I will let you know of other funny ones. I will never forget the one where Russell was grappling with a curtain one night….ahhh yes…many stories!

Russell really had no idea what he was getting himself into!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, I am exactly the same!! I sleeptalk regularly or yell and moan and have sleepwalked on occasion but haven't gone very far.

Poor Duncan. He doesn't know what he's in for ;)