20.12.07

The odd feeling of finality

Our last Sunday at church is this sunday.

We have been having odd feelings about it these last couple of weeks. While we are extremely excited to be leaving and embarking on the adventure God has got planned for us, it still feels rather odd coming to a close of something.

As much as I have struggled at this church, it will be sad, and I am positive that Russell will be sad about leaving the church he has been in his entire life. He has never had to leave a church before.

He sent out his last email today saying that he can no longer be contacted there, and there was a sense of sadness that went along with it.

I guess we are feeling a little weird because we don't feel like we will be missed at all. Russell has been left out of a lot of things at the church recently and it feels as though there was no point to all his hard work over the last 4 years....so that adds to it a little.

I have no doubt whatsoever that I won't be missed, and I am fine with that. I have already moved on and am just waiting on God.

It feels as though so many things are starting to finalise in our lives. Russell is considering taking his Advanced Diploma in Theology rather than continue studying for his Bachelor, and now that he doesn't work at the church, he is looking for work. For the first time in our married lives we will have an income coming from both sides...that will take a little adjusting to I'm sure!

I don't really know the point of this post, I just wanted to put a few thoughts down.

Sorry it's not much of a read!

anyway...I'm bumbling along now, cya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to feel a little strange about leaving Subi too. It is still a while away yet (last Sun of Jan prob) but now the initial excitement of 'change' has worn off and the cold hard reality of 'leaving' is starting to come, I too am feeling sad. However, for me it is different because I LOVE Subi and I know I will be missed...and I will miss it and a lot of people.

wow, just writing this entry has nerly bought a tear to my eye! finality and change are very interestng experiences.

Dodgy Pete said...

Oh Bek that's not true. You will be greatly missed, both of you. Some people probably wont realise it or accept it till a bit further down the track unfortunately.

It is horrible that you guys feel that way leaving tho. Any ways, best to focus on the future and the good times and the challenges ahead which will be very exciting, and I look forward to sharing it with you guys ;)

Take care and Merry Christmas everyone!