31.12.07

All is quiet in the Ingram household - sorta

We had a fantastic last day at church, we had a fantastic Christmas and now we are having a fantastic New Years Eve.

A quick update.

Leaving church:
We said our farewells on the 23rd and I am happy to say that Russell was appreciated for all his hard work. I couldn't give a rat's tutu if people cared about whether I was leaving or not, but I was hoping and praying that Russell would feel appreciated, affirmed and encouraged in the work he has done and the work he is going to continue in. We were prayed for by our fearless Elder (and great friend) Rick and received a couple of goodies!! One including a digital photo frame, how cool are those things!! Anyway, I was surprised and even shed a tear or two at the farewell service. I will miss all the creche kids and am praying they will be in good hands.

Christmas Eve:
We spent with a couple who have quickly become some of our closest friends. We met Jaye & Asher in June this year and have absolutely been blessed by their friendship. God brought them along in our lives when we felt so alone and misunderstood by many, when we lost a friendship that left a hole, and they have come along and filled and overflowed that hole! We are planning to hop into a campervan and travel up to Kalbarri at the end of January which will be fun. The four of us in a little van and a small tent. Should be FUN!!

Christmas Day:
Was the most relaxed we have ever had! We went to Thornlie COC on Chrissy Eve and spent Chrissy morning with each other. We sat in our undies (it was soooo hot) and gave each other gifts, couldn't be bothered making breaky so Russell drove down to our local Caltex and bought a sausage roll which we had. I was too excited to eat anything though. I LOVE giving gifts (it's my love language) and all I wanted to do was keep giving and giving to Russell. I was even going over all the gifts we had for everyone and trying to make sure we hadn't forgotten anyone. Then at 11 we headed to Russell's family and saw his sister and bro-in-law and spent an hour with them before heading over to my family for lunch. The 0nly ones there were Mum, Dad, Dru, and Granny and us! So it was very quiet and relaxing. We had a swim in the pool and played lots of Buzz-Mega Quiz!! Dad and Granny were soon hooked!
We were then planning on heading over to Russell's parents (again) to have dinner with them, but they called my mum to say they were coming for dinner! So for dinner we had Mum, Dad, Granny, Dru, Kate, Jos, Robbo, Kaylee, Denise & Steve, and Me and Russ. So it was a lot busier but still fun as we all told funny stories (this ALWAYS happens with our family).

We headed to Russ's parents for supper and a catch-up chat. We got home around 12pm and were fast asleep.

Boxing Day:
We headed over to spend the day with our small group. Every year our small group gets together with all our leftovers and just eats and relaxes all day. It was a great time and in the arvo, Russ and I headed over to my parents for another swim - all Russ wanted to do was watch the cricket so I swam with Kate & Jos - a little awkward since they are newly engaged and can't swim further than 2meteres apart!! It was still fun though! I feel asleep on the floor tiles in the lounge room and we decided to head off around 4.30.

With all the fires going on down near our area it was crazy!! The fires got so close to us that I was worried Jet would die from smoke! It took us 1.20hrs on a normally 20min trip! The freeway and main roads were cut off and it was an absolute stinker to sit in the car. Even when we were home, there were constant helicopters and planes going over us to get water from a nearby lake and to wet the fire. It was absolutely crazy!! It was a crazy few days in regards to those fires. They got so close to a lot of houses!

Now:
I am at work (which sucks). Why does this suck? Our small group decided to go camping for New Years and we headed over to Caversham (Swan Valley) on Sat. morning and I have had to come into work this morning. I am heading back later on and we will spend NY's eve together and head off tomorrow morning. This also sucks because my best friend, Fi, gave birth to her first born this morning at 3.46am!

Jaxon Evan was born weighing 9 pounds, (4.21kg)!!! Fi is tired ( I spoke to her this morning and she didn't seem all there!!) and Robbie (hubby) is ecstatic, but currently asleep. It is just so surreal. I have had many friends have babies, but Fi is my closest friend and I am just soooo happy for her. She was due on the 23rd so it has been a bit of a waiting game all week! All week I have been waking up at night praying for her, I'm not sure how coherent my prayers are at 2.30am, but I'm sure God understands my blabbings. I just wanna leave and go give her a HUGE kiss!

So, I am here at work blogging because it is soooo quiet, and really no point to me being here! Anyway, I should catch up on some of the things I've been putting off.

Sorry it's a boring post, and not really interesting, but I thought I should check-in with ya'll and hope you all had as great a Chrissy as we did, and that you have a great night and New Year this year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.