2.1.08

2008 Goals - hopefully better than the last

Last year I set some goals for what I wanted to achieve in the year. I can't even remember what they were off the top of my head, let alone whether I achieved any of them!

Here is a recap -

No soft-drinks (Im missing my Sarsparella and Ginger Beer already, but so far so good) (lasted until May/June which I think is a pretty fair effort!)

Go to the Gym at least 3 x a week (nup, didn't happen, I even quit my membership!)

Play in a professional (all womens) netball team (nope)

Get back to either my Rugby or Irish Dancing (I think I went to one I/D class and made a phone enquiry bout Rugby)

Have regular quiet times (these were very sporadic)

Prioritise my days. I need to spend more time with Russell. We have both dropped the ball on this. Cant remember the last date we went on, but we need to start making time for each other (I think we did pretty well at this! While the dates were sporadic, I think our relationship went up a notch definately)

Keep studying at BC of WA (my Bible College units) and either do a few short courses at Tafe or a Diploma at Tafe (finished one unit at BC)

Read 1 novel, then 1 self-help book as I like to call them (like books by Max Lucado, christianarchy - thats a good one I want to refresh myself on, etc) (I think I read more fiction than 'self-help' - Read a few Rob Bell, and ALOT of novels!)

Help at Central Point Youth and start to get involved in ministry with Russell (happened until June - when the previous chick leader came back)

Now, for 2008 I have a shorter list

Regular Quiet times - this should be easier since we got a Devotional for couples for Christmas and have already started....so far so good. One down, 365 to go (yes it's a leap year!)

Find a church where we are both comfortable and can fit into well

Maintain vital relationships - not only ours but spending time with people we enjoy rather than people we feel we have to endure

Do some more work on the house. No matter how small it may be. Painting, gardening, paving, removing the random nails in the walls.

HAVE KIDS!!!!

That's all I can really think of at the moment. It's funny how your priorities and goals can change in a year!

Wish me luck (again) or pray!!

No comments: