21.1.08

Whacky Dodgy Small Group

My small group is going to excommunicate me if I keep this up, but I just had to share with you a little more about all of us twisted little souls.

Last week my cousin sent out a probing questionnaire to find out more about each other. What I found out didn’t surprise me. We have a bunch of very funny and quirky people. And yes, this is what we do when while we are all supposed to be working!!

And just quickly…is anyone else with me on the whole Rolling Stones v Beatles thing??

When did you last cry?

Me: I think it was Monday
Rick: When bella was born
Pete: Last night watching gladiator (please don’t kill me for posting that petey!!)
Bec: Last week
Eliza: About 10 mins ago
Ali: Fri for baby Ingram

Do you have kids?

Me: Nope unless you count my little boy Jet
Rick: Two of them every morning I wake up
Pete: Not that I’ll admit to
Bec: No
Eliza: No
Ali: Zac & Lachy

If you were someone else, would you be friends with you?

Me: probably...but that doesn't really work, because if I wasn’t me, then there would be no me to be friends with????!!!
Rick: I’d be lining up to be my friend
Pete: Damn straight. You’d have to be crazy not too and I wouldn’t be that if I was someone else even
Bec: No
Eliza: too many hypotheticals, that question makes my brain hurt
Ali: Probably, except when I’d want to punch myself

Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Me: only since marrying russell. i still don't get his sarcasm sometimes but I am learning!
Rick: NO!!!!
Pete: Yes
Bec: Yes
Eliza: No my sense of humour is far more sophisticated ;)
Ali: Never (that was me being sarcastic)


Would you bungee jump?

Me: No…never
Rick: NO!!!
Pete: No, not by choice
Bec: No
Eliza: No way
Ali: Yes

What is your favourite cereal?

Me: Fruit loops (and only eat one colour at a time)
Rick: Although I would have said Foot Loops, in my old age it has become Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.
Pete: Toasted muesli
Bec: Coco Pops although i have discovered they make me sick
Eliza: Weetbix and vanilla almond granola with soy milk
Ali: Nutrigrain

Do you untie your laces when you take off your shoes?

Me: nope...then I complain because I can't get them untied in order to put them back on. I think this was the bane of my dad's life when I was a little girl getting ready for school!
Rick: Heck yes! We have rules in society for a reason
Pete: Yes
Bec: No
Eliza: yes, but I usually avoid shoes with laces
Ali: No

Do you think that you are strong?

Me: not physically...but I am surprising myself at the moment emotionally :)
Rick: I'm always surprised at how much I can lift...one crying baby, a large box of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, a queen sized quilt and cover...
Pete: I can lift more than I weigh so I am relatively strong.
Bec: depends on the situation
Eliza: more talk than walk
Ali: I pushed 2 babies out does that make me strong

What is your favourite ice cream flavour?

Me: green apple from gelato....mmmmm
Rick: Chunky Monkey from Simmo's
Pete: Vanilla (anyone who says it’s not a flavour – get stuffed)
Bec: boysenberry...yummmmmm!
Eliza: it's not strictly icecream, but anyone who hasn't been to amano gelati bar in fremantle should leave work now and go there. try baci or freo delight or passionfruit or... any of them!
Ali: Chocolate/caramel/honeycombe mixture

What is the first thing you notice about people?

Me: how they act.
Rick: Their hair.
Pete: Whether they are happy
Bec: how they look
Eliza: hmmm probably their style
Ali: Their mood

Red or pink?

Me: Red
Rick: Nipples?? (sicko)
Pete: Pink
Bec: Pink
Eliza: pink (so long as it's not too sickly)
Ali: Pink

What do you least like about yourself?

Me: the way i overthink everything
Rick: My pot belly that can come and go depending on the meal I just ate (mostly it keeps coming).
Pete: Not having the courage to do the things I really want
Bec: everything except my eyes
Eliza: at the moment, my turmeric stained nails that make me look like a hardened smoker
Ali: the way i overthink everything (ditto bek) and I’m too black and white

Who do you miss most?

Me: all my fam over east!!
Rick: It would have been nice to have seen how far Nirvana would have went if Kurt wasn't such an idiot.
Pete: :) no comment
Bec: my friends in brisbane
Eliza: all my favourite people who i am distant from temporally, spatially or emotionally
Ali: Some me time


What colours are you wearing?

Me: shiny green top and black pants
Rick: Blue, red and green, I'm my own little flag!
Pete: Light blue shirt, grey blue pin stripe pants, and chocolate coloured shoes and belt
Bec: its 11am and im still in my blue pjs...i luv holidays
Eliza: black and all sorts of shades of green and blue
Ali: Grey pyjamas ( its only 11am)

Four people you'd like to come to dinner

Me: jaye and asher, and (hey my color just turned blue!!! - dont know what i just pressed) robbo and kaylee...havent seen them in a while
Rick: Assuming that my wife and kids would be there, Einstein, Dave Grohl, Johnny Depp and Jesus. Good one Bek, now everybody's writing is going to be blue unles they can be bothered to change the text colour...ANYONE?!?
Pete: It’s too hard to pick
Bec: tanya, kristy, kj and ettiene...that would be a blast...oh but then theres rachel a-l, dana, em and jord, tam, chris how is one sposed to choos only 4
Eliza: ooooh too hard. the turmeric experience has put me off cooking! let's say any 4 people who bring me a lobster dinner!
Ali: Bek and russ to catch up, my small group, Linley, sorry can’t count

What are you listening to right now?

Me: office sounds.....(and im back to black again!! what the!!!!!) lynnie asking me if I want a tea :)
Rick: The hum of the air conditioner, Bella moaning, Sanda trying to feed her and a little voice in my head that keeps telling me I should be doing soemthing slightly more constructive now (shhhhh little voice)
Pete: Ben and Zjelcko talking
Bec: my computer and a plane...im all alone in an empty quiet house
Eliza: my two colleagues tap tap tapping on their keyboards, and someone jingling what must be a massive set of keys.
Ali: Lachy measuring the furniture

If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?

Me: purple
Rick: Midnight blue
Pete: Blue
Bec: aqua
Eliza: can i be one of those soap crayons you can write on the bathroom walls with? they are colourful, fun and functional! (I have no idea what soap crayons are functional for though…nice one liza!!)
Ali: White cause I’de stay new the longest

Favourite smell?

Me: bread cooking, mum's roast in the oven,
Rick: A pine plantation when it has been rained on (no idea when he has smelt one of those)
Pete: Joop and Tommy (obviously pete likes to smell dudes necks!)
Bec: i luv the smell of the jasmine bushes in flower at mt coot-tha
Eliza: oooh my Dad's bread, fresh baking cookies, frangipanis, the ocean. i have an overactive olfactory system to make up for my visual disabilities
Ali: Baby smell (the good one)

Who was the last person that you talked to on the phone?

Me: lyn...telling her I dont want a tea, but Ive changed my mind and now i want one!! :) (hopefully she'll get the hint from this email) OH and I just talked to a banker wanting to know if we can finance air con...pffft YEAH RIGHT!!
Rick: Does texting count? I have given up answering the phone (especially when Sanda is here) as it is usually soemone annoying. The last person I did speak to that was great to talk to was Zoe.
Pete: Eliza
Bec: mum...a few mins ago to organise goin to lunch with her in freo...gee i better get ready then hehe!!
Eliza: Think it was Pete
Ali: Sanda

Favourite sports?

Me: netball, basketball, league (though I rarely get to watch any of it) lacrosse...watching my man run around hitting people, love it!!
Rick: Those two words shouldn't be in the same sentence when addressing me!
Pete: Golf, cricket, tennis, ping pong, beach volleyball. Damn I love sport ;)
Bec: anything except golf and lawn bowls...but especially cricket and rugby union (the game played in heaven)
Eliza: basketball, sailing
Ali: netball, swimming watching footy/soccer

Hair colour?

Me: i think it's light brown with blonde highlights, but im not really sure anymore
Rick: Brown when dry, black when wet and stacks more greys creeping in everyday.
Pete: Who knows. Straw?
Bec: dark brown (praacticallly black)
Eliza: it's been a long tiem since i saw my natural colour. at the moment it is blonde (going brassy) with regrowth that demands my attention (and my credit card)
Ali: Blonde with brown highlights?


Do you wear contact lenses?

Me: No
Rick: No, glasses are soooooo much cooler.
Pete: Sometimes
Bec: No
Eliza: sure, when i shelve my nerd costume for my bimbo costume
Ali: No

Favourite food?

Me: all mum's cooking... I love all foods except chilli's and pickles...ewwwww
Rick: Far too much, scallopini, spaghetti marinara, mosaic (romanian cake), etc
Pete: Meat – especially a good pepper steak
Bec: Italian
Eliza: Dad's bread, curry, gelati, BBQd fresh seafood, small group dinners, my fruit cake, anything homemade when i'm hungry
Ali: Jaffles on an open fire

Scary movies or happy endings?

Me: happy endings....cant handle scary movies...i have a weak bladder and can't make it through without wetting myself
Rick: I went off scary movies once I got married and realised I was now this family's best defence against chainsaw weilding psychos (I bet you thought I was going to write once I got married I started living my own scary movie didn't you??? See I am also spontateous!!).
Pete: Both
Bec: Happy endings
Eliza: scary movies don't scare me, but happy movies move me.
Ali: Happy endings

Last movie you watched?

Me: some random one called 'stage beauty' with clare danes...WEIRD...its about dudes who used to act as women 'cos it was illegal for women to act and then the king changes the law and now chicks can act on stage...it's just really weird!!
Rick: Hmmmmm, tough one, we have two kids. Ummm, Transformers..no, no wait, The Bourne Ultimatum (we haven't watched a DVD since early 2007??).
Pete: A little bit of Gladiator to check out my new TV – Awesome
Bec: Elisabethtown
Eliza: oh this is REALLY embarrassing, i was recovering from being sick on the weekend and found myself slumped in front of Mariah Carey's Glitter
Ali: Flushed away with lachy and linley


What colour shirt are you wearing?

Me: shiny green (remember...shiny!!)
Rick: Blue and red (it was the underwaer that is green...oops off comes the underwear)
Pete: Light blue – kind of aqua. Whatever
Bec: pjs
Eliza: all sorts of shades of green and blue
Ali: Grey


Hugs or kisses?

Me: hugs
Rick: Special adult hugs (or kisses in the right places).
Pete: Kisses
Bec: hugs
Eliza: hugs, they're more widely applicable!
Ali: hugs but kisses from lachy

Favourite sound?

Me: music?? this is a bit of a weird question
Rick: The sound of opening a bag with a brand new, unread comic in it.
Pete: Jack’s Mannequin
Bec: kids laughing and having fun
Eliza: a friends's voice when you pick up the phone
Ali: Children sleeping

Worst sound?

Me: still...weird question
Rick: The sound of opening a bag with a brand new, unread comic in it in bed when Sanda is asleep and she stirs then I know I am going to cop it
Pete: the sound of a breaking bone.
Bec: (I think we are still waiting on her answer!)
Eliza: a telemarketer's voice when you pick up the phone
Ali: Zac doing something in his nappy

Rolling Stones or Beatles?

Me: rolling stones
Rick: Both are very over-rated but especially the Rolling Stones. So it is the Beatles by default.
Pete: Beatles
Bec: beatles
Eliza: the beatles
Ali: Beatles


Do you have a special talent?

Me: I can roll my tongue :)
Rick: Making people laugh? Being able to go without farting (I HATE that word) for however long is necessary
Pete: Ye lots of them.
Bec: hmmm not that I know of...
Eliza: I used to be able to do a high kick and tap my toe on the top of a doorway. Superceded by giving shoulder rides to fully grown adults. Now I choose more sedate pursuits, like cake decorating.
Ali: Singing out of tune

You can see why I love these guys!!!

No comments: