9.1.08

Church Shopping update

Our first Sunday looking for a new church went well last week. We went to a local church near our place and really enjoyed it.

The service was only 45mins! How great is that!?! However, it is January and things tend to get a little laid back (more so than usual in Australia), but it was still great. The music team has been given January off to rest and they just had a keyboard and a singer, but it was fantastic. I/we felt comfortable and people are really friendly. A guy in his mid – late 40’s came up and introduced himself and was just so passionate! Also during the sermon, people were relaxed enough to ask questions if they didn’t hear something which is good to see. It just feels so much more flexible than what we have experienced recently. It doesn’t feel so rigid and like they’ve got a poker up their butts.

I don’t want to go looking at churches and simply compare them to our last church. This wouldn’t be fair. We do however have an idea of what we are looking for, whether we find it or not is another thing!

For the time being though, I am happy to just ‘be’. To just go to church, no anxiety attached, to just enjoy and to just ‘be’ me. I am enjoying this stage in life that I am currently in. I am falling more and more in love with Russell…heck if it’s this good after 3 years, how good is it going to be in 30 yrs!! Can’t wait!!

All week I have had this stuck in my head:

“To bring our lives as a daily offering, of worship to, the Servant King”

I pray that I can live my life as a daily offering to God.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad to hear it went well.

I know the 'anxiety' that comes with church shopping (I agree horrible term. I did it myself a few years ago and felt so anxious wondering what church God wanted me at. I didn't end up leaving my current church though.

It's good that you feel at peace.