4.12.07

Russell may need to upgrade me soon

It’s true. I’m falling apart.

These last 2 months have been very trying and I fear that Russell may need to get an upgraded wife soon if I keep heading down this track.

Last month I had 3 doctor’s appointments, 5 blood tests and lots of stress. This month I have had to go to the podiatrist to get my feet sorted out. I have my father to thank for the ingrown toenail gene (ugh I just hate even saying it) and my mother to thank for my ‘broken’ arches.

I have only had one ingrown toenail on my left foot (my big toe) and had it operated on in 2001. I was worried that my big toe on my right foot was going to go ingrown because I got a pedicure in Thailand and she cut my nails in an odd way. I’m a little paranoid about these things and thought I would just head on over to the podiatrist to make sure everything was ok.

The doctor checked my toe – all is good – YAY! Then I asked her to check my arches.

“Major dodgy-ness” were her exact words!

She then proceeded to tell me I would have to book another 2 appointments to get my feet moulded and scanned and all this techno stuff done to get these fibreglass innersoles thingys. I don’t even know what the heck you call them, but I know what the heck they cost! $1300 smack-a-roonies!

I thought I was covered for this stuff under my health insurance, but it turns out I’m not. So either we cough up the $1300 – though I’m not sure where we can cough it up from, or I end up with my knees around my back and hobbling like a 98 year old!

*Sigh*

I told Russell yesterday that I’m just falling apart and that he may need to upgrade soon. Funnily enough, he didn’t agree. (awwww)

I wouldn’t be surprised if my boobs fell off next!

2 comments:

Duncan said...

God's designed those far too well for that to happen Bek ;)

bek said...

well as I always say

"this is me we're talking about...anythings can happen!"


:)