1.2.07

hmmm...

Found this interesting report on ninemsn.

Jesus wants Osama brought to justice: NileThursday Feb 1 15:00 AEDT
By Shaun Daviesninemsn with wires


Messages outside Sydney churches proclaiming Jesus' love for Osama Bin Laden are akin to proclaiming the Messiah's love for Hitler or Pol Pot, says the Reverend Fred Nile.A sign reading "Jesus loves Osama" was first sighted outside the Central Baptist Church on George Street. More have since appeared on other churches around Sydney. Reverend Nile, the leader of the Christian Democratic Party, said the signs were insensitive to families whose loved ones had died in terrorist attacks.
"Certainly if you had any association with the 3000 people that were killed through Bin Laden's attacks on New York, I don't think you'd want to say how much you love him," Reverend Nile said. "It's like saying Jesus loves Hitler or Jesus loves Pol Pot." Reverend Nile said he believed the message was a simplistic interpretation of the Bible's message. "I think it should be more something like, 'Jesus wants Bin Laden brought to justice'," he said. Anglican Archbishop Peter Jensen said he had not been involved in any decision to display the signs and had reservations about them. "I'm hesitant about it frankly, it's a bit misleading," he told Southern Cross Broadcasting. "I say to myself, 'If I were a relative of one of the victims of Osama's activities, I might take affront at this'." Archbishop Jensen said he understood what the sign was trying to say, that Christianity taught loving everyone - even the al-Qaeda head. "There is a truth in it (but) what we've got to say is, Jesus doesn't approve of Osama, it makes it sounds like, 'Oh, Osama's doing the right thing."

I think it is important to take notice of that last comment.
Jesus doesnt approve of what Osama has done, but that doesnt mean he doesnt love him. I think the Rev. Nile is just playing politics and trying to please the majority.

Dont get me wrong, I think it is a little overbearing to have it up on the sign of your church, but I do think it is something that we need to think about. Its hard to swallow, but we all fall into the same category as Osama, Hussein, Hitler, and Pol Pot: Sinners.

No comments: