11.2.07

my little chat

Here is my communion talk:

Sometimes when I find myself refusing to allow myself to fall at the feet of the cross, I often find that pride, a fear of being vulnerable, and an unwillingness to serve are my main barriers.

Yet, everytime I come to the cross I am confronted by a picture of the most beautiful act of love this world has ever seen.

It is at this time that Christ strips away my pride and fear, and strenghthens me with his love and compassion.

When we come to this time of communion with our Lord, sometimes we may come tired and weary, doubting and beaten, but at this time of rememberence we can find a new hope, a new power and a new direction. When we commune with our Lord, we can return to face another day.

As we come and share this time together, I just want to encourage you to remember the love that motivated our Lord to the cross, a love that restores us, and that can strenghthen us.

I also read 1John 4:18a.

Going back over it, I see all the mistakes I made and probably contradictions, but I cant change it now, its already happened. Ah well....feel free to criticise :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

hey bek, i really enjoy reading your blog. you're always keeping it real:) just want to encourage you, as i know you've started, to keep having time with God everyday. i know it can be hard, some days you just dont feel like it. but i've found that when you pass your feelings and just do it, God is faithful to speak to you during your times with him. i usually get refreshed after my quiet times, and i feel like i can face the day much easier. Something I got challenged with the other day was: Do you wait for God to come to you, or do you RUN to him? I hope and pray this encourages you to keep going for God. He has so much he wants to tell us, the question is just, are we willing to listen... God bless you, Bek. Ps. I can't wait to see you and Russ again soon! Love, Kim

bek said...

hey hon how are you!!
For a minute there I didnt know who it was until I saw your crazy photo!! I was trying to think of all the kims I know!!
I have already got my holidays booked to come over for your wedding!! Im soooo excited!! God bless hon!!