20.2.08

A little comic relief

When I have a day like I have had today I tend to start to lose my marbles.

*Insert Russell’s joke….”You had none to lose anyway babe”*

I have had an extremely busy day at work today and have been so stressed that I start to go a little crazy (and I somehow still manage to post on my blog!)

At 3pm this arvo I went for a walk. I had to get away from my desk, and even though I’d already had lunch, I was STARVING! So I headed off to get a sausage roll & biscuit.

When I hopped onto the lift I noticed I was the only one in the lift. I remembered over hearing someone sometime ago saying they didn't think there were security cameras in the lift, so I started to dance.

Now, while I was dancing I was also singing…

“Adventure World….Adventure World….something something something… Adventure World…”

Now, this isn’t just a little bit of bopping. I’m talking air humping, twirls, and altogether genuine silliness for 11 floors.

Then, I stopped in my tracks. How would anyone know whether there are cameras on the lift? It wasn’t a security person I had over heard but a colleague. I work in a bank for goodness sakes! I’m sure they have cameras on the lifts.

I started to smile. As I reached the ground floor I hopped out of the lift and saw a customer standing there. I just burst out laughing. I wasn’t laughing at him, but I just couldn’t contain it any longer! The poor guy just stood there staring at me, and I ran out of the building.

Thankfully on my way back up to my floor I was able to restrain myself. I will have to save my silly dancing for the shower from now on I think.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

If there were cameras, you probably made the operators day. Soemthing interesting for a change :)

I want to start everybody dancing in the street like Ally McBeal did. That'd be so much fun!