31.7.07

Shane & Kims Engagement

I'm not sure if I have mentioned it here, but Russ and I are heading over to Thailand in Sept for a wedding! Shane & Kim (also here too) met while on DTS in Thailand last year and have been inseparable (well...almost) ever since. Kim is from Norway and Shane from here in Perth.
On Sat night we had a joint engagement and farewell party for them since they will be living in Thailand for the next two years, and then heading off to Norway for another few. It will be a long time until we see them again!
I can't wait till the wedding (never been overseas either) and we both wish them all the best for their marriage and ministry over in Thailand.
Here a few pics from the night. I had more but I couldnt figure out the in-laws camera and most of them came out all blurry or too dark....gggrrr....ah well!
Playing 'Duck, duck, goose' - Kim didnt know the game so we had to teach her
The groomsmen dressed the bride - hopefully wont be happening for the actual ceremony!

Kim & Shane chatting about how they met and their plans for the future

Shane trying to explain where Chiang Rai is in relation to Bangkok (or Chiang Mai, can't remember)

Cutting the huge cake!

Feeding each other - A tradition from Norway apparently

mmm...the chocolate fountain!!

Feeding each other again!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am SO having a chocolate fountain at my reception. YUM!