20.7.07

I think I can, I think I can...

Alrighty, scrap that post.

Around June and a bit of July, I decided to take a few weeks off from church. I couldn’t handle it anymore and was just getting sick to death of feeling like I was being spiritually choked. I visited a couple of churches and had a couple off altogether. I even caved in one week and went back to my current church because Russell was doing communion that morning and I felt like I needed to be there to support him. By the way he is preaching for the first time at this church (don’t get me started!!) on Sunday. Very exciting.

I came back after my little ‘holiday’ and thought that just maybe, just maybe, there would be a chance that God may want me still at this church. Well, I’ve changed my mind (I must’ve heard God wrong ) and I’m back to where I was before I took the break.

Thing is, at the moment, I don’t know if I’m just running from this particular church, or church in general. Its hard and frustrating and exciting all at the same time. I don’t like emotions, I don’t generally like to feel anything, so having all this going on at once is annoying.

WHAT GOD WHAT!!??!!

4 comments:

bek said...

hehehe.

I dont know. Maybe Im waiting for him to tell Russell that he doesnt want us at that church. I know that sounds really rough and unreasonable, but I cant sit there every sunday feeling choked to death. I honestly have never felt so broken...and I hate it!

Now, dont tell me what I dont want to hear :)

fletchboy said...

OK. I won't tell you what you don't want to hear. I am guessing you know what I would say, so you can listen to the echo of my voice that is reverberating in your head. hehehe....

I guess the real question is what is it that is choking you... I'd love to talk about that some time. You see, this isn't about my desire to help you conform, or even to make the process of choking to death more palatable. :-D It is about...well....it is about relationship. It is about your relationship with DAD, and your relationship with your brothers and sisters. It is about doing whatever it takes for those to all become more healthy relationships.

So...it might not even be about waiting for Russell to receive a message that it is time to move on... ;-) ...and if I say any more....it might stray into the area of "what I don't want to hear", so I'll shut up now and let you get back to the echo. teeheehee.

Anonymous said...

What has this got to do with my family? That came totally out of leftfield.

Also, I dont mind talking to you, but I dont know if I want to seeing as your just going to leave anyway!?! (which you still have to tell me from your lips) :)

i dont really want to chat bout anything...im happy to have a pity party with myself at the moment. :)

fletchboy said...

ARGH!!!! I've been outed again! :-0 You don't talk to me enough to hear my privileged info! HA!

I wasn't talking about Rob, your dad...I was talking about God your DAD. I always thought you sorta liked your dad a little bit. ;-) If you don't, then I reckon we could send you to a friend in Thornleigh for counselling...oops....maybe we should send you to somebody else in this case! hehehe.

Don't do a pity party by yourself! It is much more fun if you can gather others around to join in. :-D