13.6.08

For Kate

Strutting about in mum’s heels and her little white wedding dress, Kate stole her family’s hearts with her girly ways.

Forever in lacy socks and pretty dresses, you would never find her outside climbing trees. Kate wanted to play dress-ups and princesses. She would pester Robert and I by turning the TV. off and demanding we play with her. But neither of us wanted to play princesses – especially Robert. I wanted to run around in bike shorts and topless, climbing trees and playing in the dirt while Kate just wanted to play ‘weddings’. She was a true girly girl.

Growing up so different to each other meant that we didn’t always get along. We had different interests and we often fought. It wasn’t until we grew up that we became not just sisters but friends. You stood by my side at my wedding and it was during the preparation time that I realised how much I value and appreciate your friendship. We still fight, and we are still very opposite! But there is nothing that could ever tear the love away that I have for you.

I prayed for 9 months for God to give me a sister. He heard the prayers of a 5 year old and gave her a beautiful sister. A sister who makes me laugh, who I can sing silly songs with, who makes me appreciate life just that little bit more every time I step out of the car once she’s driven, a sister who always makes time for me, and a sister who is so full of love it’s infectious. He gave me a sister that came with a package far more than I could have dreamed or prayed for. Now, he has also blessed me with a new brother. One who is a man of God and has a heart full of compassion and love that is hard to find in young men his age.

You are hard-working, caring, loyal, fun, and full of integrity. And I know this after only knowing you for 1 year! And you can also handle it when we stir you up, a good quality for joining our family!

Kate, I pray that God will continue to mould you into a woman of high worth. That you will continue to seek after God’s will for you life and that you will both enjoy this journey you are now on.

I pray God’s richest blessings on your marriage and I love you both very much.

No comments: