10.6.08

In which I talk about baby things

We have been totally and completely blessed!

For starters, we are pregnant and having a baby!!

Secondly, the way we have seen God at work these past couple of weeks has been amazing! Russ and I have always believed in allowing room for God to move in our lives and it is just an amazing thing to be able to witness!

A couple of weeks ago I had been flicking through a catalogue from Target or something and it had all this 'baby stuff'. I was looking at the car seats and was completely taken aback at how expensive they can be! I started to wonder how in the heck we were going to be able to afford any of it, and decided to just hand it over to God and let him deal with it. A couple of days later at work my manager turned around and said

"Did you just say you need a baby car seat?"

I said "No, I was talking about a truck up in Port Hedland!!"

He said "Yeah but do you need a baby car seat?"

I said "I guess so..."

He said "You can have ours! We don't use it anymore. It's top of the range, I wouldn't buy any less, but we don't need it anymore. You can have it for free!"

We debated and talked about it as I didn't want to take it off him for free, but he insisted and now we have a baby car seat!! FOR FREE!!!!!

You could just say it was just coincidence, but I believe that God was at work!

The next week the very same manager asked me if we had a cot. I said no, and he continued to show me photos he had taken of his cot, change table, chest of drawers, and a 'Noah's Ark' toy chest that he said we could have. All of it in perfect condition, bar a couple of teeth marks, that he said we could have! Now, I refused to take it for free this time, but I prayed that he would only want a max of $200. Sure enough, he says he would only take $200 for it! So, we now have our nursery pretty much set up all for $200. We still need to get a new mattress and change table mattress thingy, but that is really nothing compared to what some people pay for their nursery!

We have truly been blessed by this man. He is the type of guy who wants nothing to do with religion or God, but I told him he has no idea what sort of a blessing he has been for us. Just goes to show that God can work through people who push him away.

Next on our blessing list was the pram.

I was spending some time with a very close friend and we wandered into Target to have a look for some baby clothes for her little man. As we were walking down the aisle I noticed all this prams sticking out. They were all reduced and there was a further 25% off that day! One grabbed my eye (the price tag more than the pram mind you). It worked out to be about 50% off after all the discounts and reductions. I grabbed my friend and got her to look over all the specs as I had no idea of what to look for! She was so impressed she almost bought one for herself!! It was on sale for $77!! I have not seen one for any cheaper or for as good a quality!

I've attached a picture of it:
It wasn't one that I was originally looking at because I thought people just bought them for fashion. They are the trendy thing to buy, but hey, if it's on sale and that cheap I couldn't resist! I dragged the massive box all through the store to the Lay-by area and put it on lay-by (after a few test drives!).

I was then talking about it to one of the girls I work with and she is giving me money to pay off the lay-by! I only put $20 on it so she is giving me the rest as a gift!!

So, pretty much we get a pram for only $20!! How amazing is that!

Now, my blogger friends, if you so wish to help us out in any way, feel free to send me an email (bek.j.ingram@nab.com.au) and let me know! If you know of someone who is wanting to get rid of anything that may be of use to us, let me know!

As I said before, I believe that if you leave room for God to move in your life, you will surely see it happen! And when it does, it really is amazing to be a part of!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
So encouraging.
thanks for sharing

Middo said...

Thats awesome Bek!

It really is awesome when you trust God, give everything over to him and then get to see him work!

Probably a week hasn't gone by since my move to Margs that I haven't been privy to some information just showing how much God had to do to get me here and in the position I am in! Hearing others tell me what they've done and why they did it...and how that very act has benefited me ever so greatly!

God is good:)

Sarah said...

Yeah that's cool :)

Occasionally I hear of people giving away baby stuff so I'll definitely let you know if there are any more freebies floating around.

bek said...

woo hoo!! freebies :)