25.6.08

Happy 3 yr Anniversary my Doll


I got this idea off Jen and decided to do a list for Russell as a present for him.

I woke him up early this morning for him to read it. We haven't got each other presents, as we are on a tight budget and it would probably just stress us out a little bit. But we have some Gold Class movie vouchers I won at work that we are going to go on a date with next week...which we are both looking forward to.

Anyway...here is my list of 100 things I love about my amazing husband:

I love...

1. Your ‘special’ dance that you do for me
2. The way you tuck me in when I’m sick (bundling)
3. The way you look after me when I’ve hurt myself – you rub my back and put my bandaid on and kiss it better
4. Your cute butt
5. The way you discuss God and church and always listen to my opinion
6. The way you think it’s your responsibility to drive
7. How you cried when you saw our baby at our first ultra sound
8. The way you held me for hours when we lost our first baby
9. The face you pull when I’m running around being silly
10. How you have slowly been learning different handy man tricks…you make me so proud
11. How you put up with my mid-night antics
12. Your smell
13. How you can look back on things and laugh
14. Seeing the love and passion you have for the youth
15. That you stop and think about things…you balance me
16. Seeing the relationship between you and your sister…it’s one of a kind
17. The love you have for your family and mine
18. That you set aside time to teach my little brother the drums, even though you didn’t have the time
19. The way you rub my belly every day after work and ask ‘How is my baby doing today?’
20. The way you grab me and dance with me in the kitchen spontaneously
21. That you always ask if you can shower with me even though I usually make you stand in the cold while I warm up :)
22. The fact you get up early every morning to make my lunch and put some toast on for me
23. The way you value friendships and people
24. The time constraints you place on me :)
25. When you hold me while watching a movie
26. That you always kiss my forehead
27. The way you say “boobies” with your silly grin
28. Carrying your child
29. Your smile
30. Your determination
31. When you cry because of your passion for something
32. That you help me cook dinners most nights
33. That if you don’t help cook dinner, you feed Jet :)
34. That you have learnt to iron your own work top and pants
35. The way you have stepped up as a husband every year…it gets better and better
36. The way you tried your absolute best to put my needs first in the first few weeks of pregnancy…you asked what I would like to eat and you made sure I ate etc…
37. That you are my best friend
38. That you still love me when I am not worthy of your love
39. Your plugs – though I think they could be a little bigger
40. Watching you drum
41. Watching you beat up other guys in Lacrosse
42. Your sporty nature – you excel in all of it!
43. Your curly ringlets
44. Your big beard (most times – when it doesn’t smell)
45. The ‘dent’ in your chest
46. The way you notice little babies in the shops and point out how cute they are
47. The way you wiggle your cold feet onto my warm feet during the night
48. When you squeeze my thigh while your driving
49. Watching you tap away crazy to the drum beat in the car – so much so that the car moves!
50. Your little quirks…like not having sauce on ANYTHING!
51. That you call me most days during your lunch break to see how my day is going
52. That you pick me up from the train station every night, and drop me off every morning
53. Seeing you laugh at the simple things in life
54. Watching you play basketball
55. Your hands
56. Your legs
57. Dangit…I love your whole body :)
58. That you keep me social
59. How much you love seeing live bands
60. How photogenic you are
61. Your tattoo (and the future ones too!)
62. That you let me be me
63. How shy you can be sometimes
64. Your silly jokes that aren’t even funny!
65. The way you stir up my sister
66. That you appreciate listening to my dad’s experiences
67. That you respect my parents
68. That we can talk to each other using only our eyes
69. That you know exactly what I’m thinking most times
70. Your sighs
71. How sometimes you laugh so much you cry real big tears
72. That you turn bright red when embarrassed
73. How you think you can soldier on when you’re sick and that I have to force you to bed or to take time off
74. That you like to get little cheese and crackers to share with me as a treat
75. That you think for yourself
76. How you hold my hand during church
77. Seeing your excitement when the baby kicks
78. How you ‘growl’ at Jet
79. How you talk during the tv show and are quiet during the ads (though it’s annoying sometimes…it’s kinda cute)
80. Your blue eyes
81. The way you wink at people as a greeting
82. How you turn really white when something bad happens, such as dislocating a finger, and getting your lip pierced
83. How you always prefer coke over any other drink (though its really bad for you, and you know it!)
84. That you only ever want to wear ankle socks
85. When you pray for us and anything on our minds while we are falling asleep at night
86. How you hold me really close when I have a bad dream
87. How you get upset when anyone touches or spins your cymbals on the drum kit
88. That you ALWAYS say ‘I love you’ at the end of EVERY phone call….even if I only spoke to you 10secs earlier.
89. How you nearly poisoned our real estate agent during an inspection
90. How nervous you looked when you proposed
91. How you helped me get over my culture shock in Thailand and to enjoy myself
92. How you took charge while in Thailand when I couldn’t do it
93. How I miss you more and more whenever we are separated
94. How you always greet me with a big hug and kisses when I’ve only been away over east for 1 or 2 days
95. How you hate to shave
96. How you dawdle in the shower
97. That you want to be there every step of the way with the pregnancy and the raising of our children
98. That you support QLD in the State of Origin – and that you stir up dad about NSW and the Dockers
99. That you support some of my craziest ideas…even if you don’t think they will work out
100. That you are a man of God and are constantly growing in your faith

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on 3 yrs. Awww that was so nice. What an amazing guy! I'll have to to do something nice for Duncan on our first anniversary...I'm too mean to him sometimes :(

Anonymous said...

that was beautiful Bek. I'm sure he loved it.
I don't think I could come up with 100 things about anyone. When I saw 100 i was like - wow!

bek said...

It was a lot harder than I originally thought it would be!!

Jen said...

It is tough, isn't it! The ordinaries are so often over looked. I'm up to 555 now (I'm posting again on Friday next week, I'm writing them down as I think of them) and I'll tell you what... it's getting tougher. Pray I make it to 1000 as originally planned *grin*

Becs said...

congrates on 3 yrs thats totally awesome :)

bek said...

you are one brave lady Jen! I don't think I could do 1000...that sounds really bad, but it's true!! Maybe after a few more years :)