25.6.08

This made me cry...

This is from a blog I have been frequenting since reading about it on Jen's blog (your getting lots of links these days Jen!!)



It's called Bring the Rain and it is a blog by a lady who has lost her 4th child. If you can read all of her posts from the start, you won't regret it. To see the faith and courage of this young woman is so inspiring, and I have gotten a lot out of it after our miscarriage this year.



It is incredible how many people go through similar things, but no-one talks about it. I think it's great that this woman has so openly shared her feelings to bring other people healing.



Here is a letter she wrote to her daughter after she lost her. It made me cry and cry. It put into words a few of the things I have felt - though I have never had to go through the enormity of what she has been through.



Please go check her site...you won't regret it.



Sweet Audrey,


There are no words I could say in this letter that would be able to express what you are to us, but I feel compelled to write them anyway.


Do you know you changed the world?


From the day we found out we were expecting you, we knew that God had chosen you for our family. When we started feeling you move around, we invented stories about who you would be. We took bets on whether you were a boy or a girl (daddy was wrong!). Abby and Ellie set aside toys that they wanted to give to you. Your daddy let me buy books at the bookstore about being pregnant, even though we already have a million. He knows I love the smell of books, and he just watched with a smile while I gathered them all together. We talked about you all the time.



Our house was filled with love for you long before we ever knew who you would be to us. We let Kate help us set up a crib in her room while we told her that she was going to have a baby brother or sister sleeping next to her someday. We introduced her little toddler bed and taught her all about being a big sister. She loved her freedom...we found her in the pantry eating chocolate at 3 a.m. one night! And so for weeks, we planned. We talked about names, about paint, about schools, about everything but the one thing we didn't know.


God had something much bigger planned for your life than we could ever have imagined.



Read the rest here.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Traffic is good!

I love Angie. Everything she writes just blows me away. Another girl you might like is Emily from Really Living (http://emily0305.blogspot.com/) Amazing faith, truly. It is my prayer and desire to love Jesus the way these girls do.