20.6.08

Kate n Jos' Wedding - 24th May 08

I thought it was high time I finally posted a couple of pics from my sisters "big day".
I've put up a few of my fav. pics and I will hopefully figure out how to load them all up to Flickr (though it drives me crazy that you can't upload very many in a month!! Maybe I'll try photobucket or something!)

The morning started very early for Kate and I. She woke up around 5am and I finally dragged myself out at 5.30am. I then proceeded to do a massive belly flop onto mum & dad's bed to wake them up (like I did when I was 5) completely forgetting that I was 15 weeks pregnant and that the poor child had it's face squished. I got up and said "whoops, I forgot I was pregnant!"
The girl who did our hair turned up at 6am and we all waited around for things to happen.
That's the trouble with getting ready for a wedding. There is so much to get done, but it usually all gets done at the last minute.
Dad was so good to us that he made us all bacon & egg muffins...awww sweety pie. :)

After a few hours of getting ourselves glamourised and sqeezing into our dresses, we got Kate ready and headed off to the church. 3 bridesmaids driven by Robbo (brother) and myself, Kate & Dad chaperoned by the lovely Russell.

Kate & Dad on the way to the church

The back of Kate's gorgeous dress

When we got to the church I took Kate's engagement ring to look after and about 2 secs later nearly dropped it down a drain!! Luckily we saved it and boy did I clutch onto that thing all morning!
We hopped out of the car and then Kate just started blubbering! And it wasn't the pretty little dainty cry, it was the 'ugly cry'. Poor thing. I think all the emotions of the morning surfaced and she just lost it. We were quickly dabbing at her eyes and making sure she was ok. She regained control and we headed to the entrance. Then the music started and she started crying again. It was nearly my turn to walk down the aisle and she was a mess. I was flapping my arms about trying to stop the tears and rubbing her arm saying "it's ok...." I didn't know what else to say!
She made it down the aisle and we proceeded with the ceremony. Jos' dad opened up the service and Dad did the vows and the sermon, etc. Mum also sang a song to Kate and Robbo & Dru both did Scripture readings.
After the signing of the registry Kate & Jos both kneeled in prayer to God. This is one of my favourite photos of the whole ceremony. I think it really captured what their marriage is all about. God-centred and God-honoring. It was really special.

We then got to go have all the photos done, dodging rain and running around in Perth. We ended up at the Duxton for the reception and were able to let our hair down! The above photo is almost identical to one that Kate & I had at my wedding. I have both in frames at home now as I consider them really special.

Kate & Jos cutting the cake

Just as I danced with dad on my wedding day, Kate had her dance with dad too. Dad likes to dance and it is really special to dance with our dad on the day he is giving us away. Kate & Jos danced to "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle.
Chrissie (Jos's sister, also a bridesmaid) and I and a groomsmen headed up to Kate & Jos' room to set it up with candles, champagne, and a huge bubble bath for them. Then when we got back down to the reception they were just getting ready to leave.
They ran through the 'tube' thing (where people have their hands up) and headed off. On Sunday they headed off to the Hamilton & Hayman Islands for their honeymoon, which I believe they enjoyed.
I couldn't resist putting up this pic of Russ & I. It's one of my (new) favourites.
I think my tan turned out pretty well in the end!! Though I was a little worried at first!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Go the tan!! :)

Where did you end up getting it done?

bek said...

I got it done at Ezy Tan in Cannington. I had a voucher for 20/30% off, so it was pretty cheap.

It's funny, she told me to strip and I had stuck on these little nipple sticker/cover things and she was like...."WHAT are those for?" and I said "a little modesty?" And she was like your gonna have big white circles there!

I didn't care, I kept them on for a little bit of dignity :)

Russell just laughed at me that night!

Sarah said...

Forgot to add.....YOU were in my dream last night haha. I dreamed you looked really pregnant and you were going to have an ultrasound and then we were going to meet up afterwards. I was pregnant as well and had this little bump but I didn't like it. Then while I was waiting for you to finish your ultrasound, I saw an ex workmate who told me how cute my bump looked. AAAAHH!! :)

bek said...

Good grief!! That's actually really weird....I am having an ultra sound today!!!

*freaky*

Do you need to go take a test? :p

Sarah said...

Hmmm that is creepy!

Haha nope it's all good ;)

Jen said...

That is a fab picture of you and hubby. I love it!

Oh, I got a blog, too. Dunno how much I'll use it, I still like Xanga.