30.6.08

Indescribeable

How can I describe the feeling of the baby moving?

Incredible

Ticklish

Amazing

Connected

It truly is an amazing experience. I know I use that word a lot, but it’s true. It is truly amazing. The miracle of life!

Yesterday while watching Russ play netball the baby was kicking a bit, then all of a sudden it felt like it was running a finger from the left of my belly to the right side. It made me giggle ‘cos it tickled, but it was also really creepy! The best way I can describe it is like someone is doing finger painting on you, from the inside out. It’s really cool, but really freakish sometimes!

I love feeling it move and kick. Sometimes it just feels like it is rolling over, and sometimes it just feels like a little pulse beating on my belly. Once the baby gets a bit bigger I think I will be able to distinguish the movements a little more, but for now they are ticklish. I keep hearing about how it can start to feel like it is kicking you in the ribs and different organs!

I feel so connected to the baby when I feel it move. I just place my hand over it and dream of the day when I can hold our little one. Watch it grow and change. It is amazing, the beginning of life!

Already this little one has a personality set and physical characteristics. God has been working on it since day one (if not before!) and I feel completely blessed to have been invited on this journey. It is breath-taking and leaves me at a loss for words.

One of Russ’ team mates (a guy) rubbed my belly yesterday and asked how it was going. Whenever anyone asks how it’s all going and what not, I can’t help but say, “you so have to do this sometime!”. I don’t necessarily mean fall pregnant (for guys anyway) but to be a part of something this surreal and magnificent, I just want everyone to try it one day! It is fantastic, you can’t take the smile off my face!

I never want to forget this feeling. When the kid is driving me crazy in a couple of years or when days feel like they will never end or get better, I never want to forget the feeling of hope and adventure I have now. And I never want to forget what a blessing this truly is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stop making me cry!