19.8.08

Intentional Living

"...your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."
Matthew 6:10

Started OnEarth last night and it went pretty well.

My expectations are that I will know all the stuff, but that this will give me the starting point that I need.

I have long heard the pain of people in our local communities and of people overseas and yet I have never had the tools to do anything about it. I’ve always felt a bit stumped as to where to start. I’ve had ideas and thoughts as to where to start, but have never seen these turn to fruition. I guess that’s part of being an INTP – I have all the ideas, but need people around me to put them to practice. I can give you all the ideas and creative tools, but I am hopeless at implementing them.

At the end of the session last night – which was a bit like an introductory session – I was left feeling like there are too many obstacles in the way.

I’m 7mths pregnant! I have other things on my mind at the moment! Russell has a stuffed knee and who knows when that is going to be fixed! At the moment he is so immobilised it’s not funny! We have these amazing ideas that we want to start getting connected into the community, but with Russell barely able to walk and me so rotund and expecting our 1st I just feel like it’s just not possible.

But, that being said…I feel that I should be doing this course. I feel that God wants me doing it for a reason, and that there is a point to the timing of it. There is a reason why Russell can’t play basketball on Mondays with his stuffed knee and therefore has time to do this course! There is a reason that I am due 4 days after the course finishes. I just don’t know what it is that God has up his sleeve.

I’m not going to quit. I’m not going to throw the towel in just because it doesn’t suit my timing. I’m just going to trust that God knows what he is doing and that all will be ok.

I’ll keep a bit of a journal on how the nights are going and how Russ and I are going with all the info and what thoughts and ideas we have happening.

I’m praying that this will be the kick start that we both need and that we will see radical things happening in our little area of Kwinana. We are determined to meet all our neighbours this weekend, so will let you know how that goes! We have been intending to do it since we moved in almost a year ago, but never have. So hopefully they will forgive us and we can establish a relationship with those we live amongst. Especially the old dude directly over the road from us! His entire body is covered in tattoos! How cool is that!? We were definitely meant to live near him!

No comments: