22.9.08

The baby shower that wasn't supposed to shower!

We had our baby shower/bbq yesterday and it went better than I expected!

I was really stressed on Friday about having to change locations and change the style of the party, but it still went ok.

Sarah is going to kill me, but I actually didn’t get any photos! I just didn’t have time! There were so many people to talk to that I didn’t even get around to 2 of the tables! I felt soooooo bad. The one thing I hate is inviting people to a party and then not getting to spend time with them!

I would make my way over to chat to people and then get called away by someone else. So I don’t think I actually got to finish any conversations with anyone, I was constantly interrupted!

We still had the bbq (the sun came out!!!) and we just had a couple of tables and chairs set out and people just sat around and ate.

We played a game where people had to measure out some string to the size they thought my belly was….it was funny to see some people’s perceptions! My mum was adamant she would get it perfect and she was about 1cm off. 2 other people beat her and she was quite upset actually…she wanted a re-size :)

We also handed out cards for people to fill in and guess the size, eye colour, weight, date it would arrive, etc. They also got to pick what the name would be. This was quite fun to read through last night and look at all the answers.

Some names we got were Gertrude, Calin (from Middo) and a few other randoms!

I will have to post a few I think, they were great! Including the guess from our pastor who thought the baby would come Oct 7th – he thought we were due Oct instead of Nov!!

Most people guessed we would come early and the baby would be between 5 and 6lb. Please God!

Anyway…it was a fantastic arvo and we were amazingly blessed by people’s company and to see the support that we have in friends. A few people didn’t come who said they were coming, and you can’t help but be disappointed, but I didn’t let it ruin the arvo.

A massive thankyou has to go to my two best buddies, Jodie & Fi who organised the day and help set everything up. They both did an amazing job, and things happened without me having to worry about them! Things just magically came out on the food table, and things were tidied up and cleaned before I got a chance to have a look around at what needed doing! They blessed us with so much. Their time, energy, money and gifts. I am so thankful to God for these 2 women who have looked after me for many years and who I hope will be close friends for many more to come!

Thanks to everyone who came, it was awesome to see you all! Hopefully we will get to see you again before the baby comes…whenever that may be!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Muahahaha I won't kill you....this time ;)

Glad everything went better than expected and that you had fun. I do know the being torn in 50 different directions feeling!

Becs said...

hey Bek,
sunday was awesome...i had the best time...cant wait to meet ur lil baby, only a few weeks to go YAY!!!
luv ya
becs

bek said...

I'm glad you had fun bec and I can't wait till you get to meet bub-o-luv!!! :)

Becs said...

i cant wait either...im sooooo times a thousand excited :)