24.9.08

Fridays Costumes

Yesterday I had an RDO and wasn't able to check my blog for any costume suggestions. It was also yesterday that I realised that the party was Fri. night and yesterday was my only day to do some shopping for a costume.

So, I've had to go with the 'Juno' idea *sigh*

While I absolutely LOVED Jen's idea of Pacha and his pregnant wife from The Emperor's New Groove (I love that movie) we can't afford to hire costumes, so I've had to go el-cheapo and grab some op-shop stuff.

For me, I already have a black jacket, jeans and shoes. I managed to grab a skirt from an op-shop that looks almost identical to the skirt on the dvd...the only shirt I could find that is even remotely close to that one is a yellow and grey striped shirt....close enough in my books!! Since I don't need much makeup and hair done, I'm all set.

Russ' costume is the fun part of this duo though! He already has the sneakers and knee-high socks we just needed a top, shorts and sweatbands. I managed to find an old school marone jacket with yellow stipes on the sleeves and around the neckline, and after searching in about 10 different op-shops, I managed to find 1 pair of bright yellow boardshorts (chick ones of course!) I will need to cut them to a shorter length and sew the edge (so it doesn't frey) and he will be all set. He will just pick up some sweat bands from Target/Kmart tomorrow....and he's all set!!

I can't wait to see him in the short shorts....and don't worry, I will definately get photos of that!!

No comments: