10.9.08

Class Overview

It wasn't thaaaaaat bad last night.

The class went for 2 hours and the lady who held the session was a midwife...not the usual Child Care Nurse/Health Care Nurse.

It was informative and I smashed all opposition by naming all the different body parts on the chart!! Woo hoo....go me! Maybe it was because no-one else was comfortable saying "cervix" or "vagina".

However, seeing a little hole in some chipwood that was the size of what we had to dilate to in order for the baby to come out was freaky. I just about passed out in my seat.

It's amazing all the different things that the woman's body just does without being told though, it really is a miracle!

I left feeling a little scared but not too badly. I just thought to myself...I'm not the first and not the last to have to go through this, all the other women in this room will be joining me in a couple of months so there's nothing to be worried about.

I will see how the next few weeks go, but so far so good :)

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Hi! Came over here from Light your world (Greg and Nicol's blog).
Very cute blog! :) Congratulations on your pregnancy. I have three boys and have lost two babies, so know just a little bit of what you have been through...
{hugs}
~Wendi