17.1.07

crab fingers

I went to the gym yesterday. I havent been for a week and a half and decided, I better get my money's worth and go. I thought I would be ok with my finger, but I felt like a crab the whole time!
I couldnt grasp the handles properly on some of the equipment. When you need to hold onto things strongly (its all resistence equipment) its really hard when you can only hold on with your thumb and pointer finger! Hence why I felt like a crab.
I never realised how much a sore finger can stuff up some of the simplest tasks, like washing the hair, washing the face, change gears in the car.
I have never broken anything before, and have never had any major, serious injury. This is my first. And Ive been a sook, (I think thats how you spell it) just ask Russell.
I decided not to strap my finger today because Im tired of not being able to do things and "be in control" :)
It looks a bit festy, but thats cool, I can semi type better!
Hey, maybe I should post my xray on the blog - that would be cool!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didn't make the decision to not strap your fingers, the decision was made for you when you forgot to do it this morning!!! always trying to make yourself look clever, i dunno......:)

bek said...

oi you!!
yes i did decide cos i had the other stapping in my bag, but decided I need to air my finger and now i can type better!
i think we need to have a chat when we get home!!
:)