30.1.07

Update on 2007 goals

I decided that even though we are only 1 month into the new year, I would revise the goals I set for myself this year, and see how on track I am going.

  • No soft-drinks - still going strong
  • Go to the Gym at least 3 x a week - mmm, not so good, but this week have planned to go for a few trips
  • Play in a professional (all womens) netball team - so far still playing in a casual comp. However Russell got offered a spot in Super League!!! (unfair)
  • Get back to either my Rugby or Irish Dancing - wont start till March
  • Have regular quiet times - not going to well yet
  • Prioritise my days. I need to spend more time with Russell. We have both dropped the ball on this. Cant remember the last date we went on, but we need to start making time for each other - we went on a date and saw a scary movie!! But it was great to set aside time for each other, hopefully will continue
  • Keep studying at BC of WA (my Bible College units) and either do a few short courses at Tafe or a Diploma at Tafe - have an assignment to hand in that was due in Nov. last year. Am hoping to finish off this weekend!
  • Read 1 novel, then 1 self-help book as I like to call them (like books by Max Lucado, christianarchy - thats a good one I want to refresh myself on, etc) - Have started Velvet Elvis and also Black by Ted Dekker
  • Help at Central Point Youth and start to get involved in ministry with Russell - Had a youth meeting last week and so far am going to start off helping with the girls small group. Have also been asked to be on board with the Womens Ministy at church.

So far I think Im doing ok. I have got myself a small devotional that will only take about 10mins a day. I feel bad that I dont spend hours in Gods word and presence, but if I can start with 10mins, that would ge good. (I know I dont need to spend hours a day, I was just using it as an example)

There are a few other things that I need to work on, but so far I think I have gotten off to a good start.

No comments: