29.1.07

I lied I lied....

Sorry all. I lied! I found my photos in my bag minutes after I posted that previous blog.
Wanna know what I did?? I got a tattoo!! AAAHHHH!!!!
My Little (big) bro drove me into Freo to get my 'tat'.
He stayed with me the whole time and was always checking to make sure I was ok. Hes such a good bro.
Outside the studio. I was so nervous!! I had to go pee before hand and the guy in the studio said that they were out of toilet paper and that since I was a chick, I had to go across the road to use a toilet. 20mins later I return to a worried brother that thought I had done a runner.
Across the road my butt!! It was about stinking 10k's away!! (maybe not quite)

Mmmmm....this one looks good!! How bout right on my shoulder blade!!
I semi-designed my own tattoo, so dont worry, some thought was put into the process.


The 1st tingle!! Not too bad - I could handle that.

Gritting through it all.

After he did the outline he gave me a break. It was so hot I was sweating everywhere and so was he. The break felt great!

Working away.

This was the position I kept all arvo. Sometimes if it really hurt I would find myself gripping the stool so hard I was lifting it off the ground :)

The black colouring done, all that ws left was the red.

Still shading.


One of Roberts 'artistic' shots

The end result. I was a little swollen, so I look a little puffy, and it was red for about 1 hour.

Getting a patch put on for any bleeding!
"What Im going to bleed? Who said anything about blood?"

Robert having a chat about what he will get next. He currently has one on his right shoulder, one on his left inner arm, one on each pec, and is now looking at starting sleeves.
All in all I would say that the pain was bearable, because you couldnt feel a thing after he took the needle off. Sometimes you couldnt feel anything, just vibrations, other times it felt like a hook being dragged under your skin - not pleasant. I didnt have any pain afterwards, and so I would say my piercings were worse. More blood and a LOT more pain.
If your thinking of getting a tattoo, think about it as you cant change your mind afterwards. Make it something you will never regret.
That was my adventure for the weekend!! And also my surprise for Russell. He know calls me 'crazy girl' :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I didn't pick that!
Whoa, brave girl! I don't think I could have stood the pain. Does your tat have a meaning?

bek said...

No. I just liked it so I got it. I thought about having something with meaning, and I could probably make something up, but nup. I just liked it.