16.1.07

House, by Dekker & Peretti

I read this book over the weekend. And I have decided to review all the books I read this year. This has been the first one I have finished.

Its a typical story line of Good vs. Evil including having a sacrificial lamb. For once I would like to read a Christian "scary" book that doesnt end up revolving around the death and resurrection of Christ. As I was reading the book, (not at night time mind you) I was thinking "finally a scary book that doesnt revolve around the death of Jesus", but I was wrong. Do you know what I mean? They all end up conquering evil with a sacrificial lamb! I guess Im just tired of the same ending. Not that they are all identical, but they all have the same "twist", if you can even call it that.
It was scary to start off with, and I wouldnt read it before going to sleep (I have nightmares 2/3 times a week), but as I got further into the book, it got harder to follow with all the hallways, different rooms, and running around. Its hard to imagine events when the scenary is constantly on the run.
I wont go into much detail, just in case you want to read it and I give it all away.
BUT, it was still a good read and gave me something to do on the weekend.
All in all, I would give it a.....2.5/5
If you've read and dont agree with my rating - Tell me why.

No comments: