15.1.07

whats been going on.

I know I just said I wouldnt blog much, but I changed my mind. This may take a few hours to create, but its better than nothing.
We have finally moved house and are looking after my parents place for 6mths while they are on long service leave. Jolly dad has had 26 wks of holidays owing (not including long service) and is finally taking a break. The day before they were due to leave however, mum got hit by a car while crossing a pedestrian crossing. She didnt go under the wheels (praise God) but still got grazes and did her back (she has constant back problems, so this was frustrating to have happen), they still left on the saturday after Mr Cathles the fantastic naturopath gave mum a "treatment".
They are headed to Adelaide today and Kate is ready to come home. ( I warned her about sharing a tent with Dru!) Kate decided at the last minute that she would join mum and dads trip for about 6 weeks, called up work and quit and headed off! So its just me, russell, and Granny in her flat.
Russell returned from camp safely - all day Fri I kept crying at work hoping he wouldnt die in an accident - imaging all different scenarios in my head. What would I do? I dont think I could cope if such a thing happened!
All in all, things are going ok. I am loving school holidays cos it means I get Russell home every night. No meetings, no appointments! Its great! Its also great having a pool now! 40 degrees yesterday!! Phew, spent the day by the pool and got a bit of a tan!!
Work is getting better, and I am looking forward to the year (at the moment) hopefully achieving some of the goals I have set for myself.

No comments: