8.3.07

the elusive nape

I had a little scare on the weekend.
On Monday I took out my nape piercing so that I could give it a wash out at the beach. We went to Carnack (I dont know how to spell it) Island and spent the day swimming and sea-biscuiting. I thought it would be a great chance to help the old piercing along and it would be great to help get rid of a small infection.

When we got home I was getting ready to put the bar back in and realised (well Russell did) that the 2 holes had closed over!! NOOOO I wasnt ready to relieve this piercing of its duties!
I was sooo upset. I didnt want to take this one out, Im too attached to it. So being as stubborn as I am, I made Russell push the bar through the closed hole. I gritted my teeth and the poor guy had the pleasant task of semi re-piercing. It was just the first layer of skin that had closed over so once he got through that it was ok. I pushed it through the other end myself. Crisis averted - all is well!

That was a close call!!

No comments: