2.3.07

my surprise

Yesterday I had an RDO and decided to surprise my husband by paying off the rest of his layby on a new drum kit. He didn’t know that I had made a couple of payments on it and that yesterday I planned to have it home for him. I love doing these sort of things.

We went out for a coffee and a chat in the arvo and it was so hard to not tell him what I had done! Unfortunately, since his kit is brand-stinking new and is still in a nuts and bolts stage, I couldn’t bring it home. The guy at Mega Music said he would put it together and tune it and that Russell could pick it up tomorrow (today). I decided that since I couldn’t bring home the kit, I would buy him something to open (I’m a real sucker), so I bought him a double-kick and a new stool.

When we FINALLY got home I took him into our room and told him to close his eyes. I put the stool in his hands (the look on his face was awesome) and then told him to open his eyes. I also gave him the receipt of his layby that showed a 0.00 balance. I get so much joy out of giving to people. Russell is usually the one who benefits the most out of this.

What made me even more happy was the fact that while we out for coffee, he was a little depressed asking if we were still going to be able to pay off this layby. In the past he has also mentioned that we should just cancel the layby and forget about it, so it was so fun to surprise him with a nil balance!!

I said to him that night "I’m a good wife you know." To which he replied "Yes, I know, I’m a good husband too!" I guess his right J

No comments: