2.8.07

a little insight into my mind

We have been doing 'Captivating' at small group and it's been really good. I had read the book a year ago and it's been good re-reading it. You pick up things you didn't pick up before, and some things are a good reminder to read again.

I've been thinking a bit on how women (mainly myself) think.

Here are just a few things on my mind as I sit here:

  • I need to call S.... to see how our finance approval for the house is going
  • I need to sort out our FHOG form and lodge it
  • I need to lodge my tax return so that we can put the money towards our trip
  • I/we need to save x amount of $'s for Thailand and Qld
  • Thinking about small group tonight - what chapters we are doing and 'preparing myself'
  • What is happening on Fri and Sat night - Russ is out for both therefore, I need to occupy myself somehow. Do I spend time catching up with friends...which friends should I try catch up with, dont want to hurt anyone's feelings
  • Wondering if Russell has read tonights chapters...knowing full well he probably hasnt
  • If he hasnt read those chapters, does it mean that he doesnt have time for me? Because if I was important then he would make time to read up and find out more about women, but I also understand that he is really busy...that doesnt mean that it doesnt hurt though
  • The work that is piling up next to me....I am just avoiding doing it
  • Hoping Jet is ok home all by himself....hope his not doing naughty things and ripping things apart
  • Lunch...have I got time to take it?
  • What needs to be cleaned at home on the weekend?
  • What do we need to get for groceries
  • Have we got enough toilet paper...
  • etc etc etc

This is just a small snapshot of what is going on through my head all at once. Plus while I'm thinking of these sorts of things through the day...I count my steps and make sure that each foot gets the same amount as the other. AAAHHHHH!!!!

Women dont just think one thought...its usually a whole list of things which lead onto other things. For example, which friend I catch up with on Fri night. I dont just think about who I will take, but I think about the others that I dont spend time with and start thinking about what they will think and if they will feel left out. I then think who I saw last, was a quality or short, and prioritise what happens from then.

*sigh* its all just too much....

Hopefully this book will be able to help me sort our why we women do things the way we do :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope that counting your steps to make sure each foot gets the same amount isnt a girl thing...or else I could be in trouble! Thats a VERY annoying habit of mine too:P (annoying to me!)

bek said...

I dont think this is a girl thing...just a bek (and middo as it appears) thing.

:)