27.8.07

Mind Space

All I can think of at the moment is our trip!!

On Sunday at approx 4.50pm we will be heading off to Thailand for 10 days and then onto Qld for another 10 days with some friends.

We have never been out of Australia and it is going to be somewhat of an adventure.

When we arrive in Bangkok...we have to figure out a way to get to Chiang Rai which is way up north near Burma (scary!!). We will hopefully hop onto a domestic flight, but we may be having a few hours nap at the airport! We also haven't had any vaccinations! We decided that we would risk it and see how we go. I know it may not have been the smartest thing, but we are going on well advised people (hopefully) who have survived and just been smart and they have come back ok - we are taking Malaria pills though. So all of you, start praying that we will not get Typhoid or something dangerous while we are there.

I have a little list of the different things I/we want to do while we are there. On the top of my list is Elephant riding. Next is hiking through the mountains in Chiang Rai (roughly 1400km high) and also taking a boat ride in the Kok river and drinking snake shots or something.

I am so excited and I think this week at work will be the longest of my life!

When we get back from our holiday we will be moving into our new house. On the weekend Middo will be coming round to help with the garden and hopefully our retic will survive! We will definately take lots of before and after shots for that too!

Here's the deal. I leave Qld on the 22nd of September and head home on my own. I will then spend the week packing and cleaning. Russell comes home from Qld on the 29th at 12.00am and I then leave on the 29th at 12.30am to head off to Sydney for work. Our house settlement is on the 2nd of October and I get home on the 3rd. We then will spend the rest of the week cleaning and moving, and then garden refurbishing!

Before we head off on Sunday (2nd Sept) we will be doing a house inspection organising for a rent inspection and trying to sign off all of our mortgage documents.

So, as you can see...it is going to be a busy couple of months.

I wouldnt trade any of this for the world though :)

Now...what to do with my blog while I'm away ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so exciting!

I remember my first trip overseas very well, it is only 2 years ago!

Hope you have an absolute blast, take MANY photo's!

Will be praying for your guys safety and health, if it is good advice that has helped you make the decision then I am sure you will be fine:)

God bless and HAVE FUN.

I shall plot your gardens downfall...i mean refurbishment, while your away MUAHAH...um yeah.

fletchboy said...

Lots to do! Make a list so you don't forget anything. :-)

I have been to Thailand several times, and survived....but the key is to remember to not drink the water. I have eaten food from a variety of settings, but didn't drink the water. Pray, and eat. :-)

Now...my last word of advice... When you climb 1400km high mountains, be sure to wear your space helmet. At 1400km, there is no oxygen. :-D

Greg

bek said...

hhhmmm...well i got that 1400k info off a thai tourist web page...so maybe it is byo space hat.

Can I borrow yours?

;)