7.8.07

Lost Tomb of Christ

Did anyone watch “The Lost Tomb of Jesus Christ” by James Cameron last night?

At first it was interesting and then I felt it started heading down the path that they were finding what they wanted to find – if that makes sense.

I’m not going to tell what I think just yet as I want to hear some people’s opinions first.

For those of you who didn’t watch it, it was about a tomb that was found in Talpiot back in 1980 by two young boys on a construction site. Archaeologists were given 3 days to take what they wanted and take photos and draw maps and then the tomb was closed up and apartments built on top. There were several ossuary’s that had inscriptions written on them. One of them had ‘Jesus son of Joseph and the other ones that were found had ‘Maria’, ‘Matia’, and a few others which are meant to prove that Jesus’ body was stolen and reburied.

They also started making claims that Mary of Magdalene was married to Jesus and they had a son named Judah.

One of the thoughts they had was that Jesus had a ‘spiritual ascension’ and that his body was buried here on earth. I can see their thinking behind this, but it still doesn’t answer certain questions for me.

I’m not going to go into it any further but if you want to read a bit more on the doco click here.

Then tell me: “What do you think?”

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad your posting on this because I planned to watch it last night but forgot.

I hope it ends up on DVD.

fletchboy said...

hahaha....."spiritual ascension"! If he only had a spiritual ascension, it wouldn't have been too difficult for his enemies to produce a body and end the whole hoax. They started looking for the body right away, you can rest assured. It only took nearly 2000 years to find it. Hmmm....why do I find that hard to believe. (hehehe...if the ossuaries were labeled with his name and his parents names, it would have been VERY easy for the naysayers to find THAT tomb, don't you reckon?!)

The whole concept of the ossuaries being Mary's, Joseph's and Jesus' resting place has been debunked from 1001 angles, but that doesn't stop them from foisting their foolishness in a "documentary" that, as you say Bek, got exactly where they had planned to go before they had any evidence!

Watch it? Nope. I didn't know it was one, but I doubt I would have watched it even if I had known. There isn't much to be learned from these things. We are surrounded by "data" all the time, but we only recognise and label things as "data" or "evidence" if they match our preconceived notion most times. Sounds like this was no exception.